Power Flow

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjsv1

I noticed that my car doesn't have a power flow diagram on the sync screen.

I did some searching around and I think I saw somewhere that Ford maybe stopped the power flow diagram?

What's weird is I didn't even know it was a thing until I started searching around for another FFE (Potentially for a friend that likes the car) and I'm seeing the diagram shown on 13's and 14's on ebay motors/carmax/etc. Please see a picture I found from another one that was for sale.

Does anyone else have this or any information on it? Here's a picture I found off the ebay:

29.jpg

Thank you!

What year is your FFE? If it has Sync 3 the screen may be on a different menu (and depending on which version of Sync 3 as they moved some stuff around).

jjsv1 said:
Mine is a '13. I believe I have sync 2. What I'm seeing looks identical to mine except the power flow.
So, on yours, when you press the "Leaf" button at the bottom of the screen (right next to the "Home" button) what items does the menu at the left contain?

Normally, it contains:

Settings
Power

But, yours is just:

Settings

Or what?

That is your problem: I'd suggest you take it to a dealer and see if they can perform a sync update for you.

For some reason your Sync system doesn't think you have an FFE.

When I bought my Certified Pre Owned 2013, I did not have the LEAF icon as well. I knew about it, because I had it on my 2013 C-Max Energi. As it turned out, it still had SYNC version 3.1.3 loaded. The info on owner.ford.com showed this was the current version, but I knew better. After some discussion with the service department, and some online messaging with the IVT Team on http://fordsyncforum.com/, they were able to update me to v3.8, which was the most current, and gave me all of the proper "plug-in" features of SYNC as well as other updated tweaks, including SiriEyes.
Try a call to your dealer first.

Thank you everyone!

I just switched dealers as my old dealer refused to replace my modem, even though there's a recall and myfordmobile doesn't work. With that being said, I just dropped my car off this morning at the new service department and they're going to update the sync and replace modem. We will see what happens.

I will update when I get the car back!!

They just said the modem was fine. No problems with it.

However, I just got the car back the other day and now my modem works after they replaced it!

The new dealer, however, claims they don't know what I'm talking about in regards to the leaf button on sync. Ford is telling me to take it back. I don't want to keep playing this game.

Does anyone know how I can flash the radio myself?

jjsv1 said:
Does anyone know how I can flash the radio myself?
Depending on the version of SYNC you have now, maybe. I had 3.1.3 and I tried myself to upgrade it to 3.8 and it would not work. I had to go to the dealer. If you have a newer version, it may work. Either way if you'd like to try it yourself, I have the files on dropbox, just PM me. There's no harm in trying it.

Thank you so much for sending me the files. Car wouldn't update it though. :-( Said I needed to go to the dealer to complete the update.

Thought I would update.

I called the My Ford Mobile folks - very helpful. They gave me a case number and told me to go back to the dealer (4th time now). After working on the car all day, they still couldn't update the car. They've asked me to bring the car back on Thursday (this will be the 5th visit) to replace an audio something interface.

Poor car. I really worry about these dealers. This is my second dealer too.

Probably the Accessory Protocol Interface Module (APIM), basically the SYNC module. It's a small module bolted to the back of the navigation screen. They can be finicky to program, so I wouldn't hold it against your dealer.

I bought the car in December. Basically been trying to get 2 things taken care of since then.

1st dealer:

-Visit 1. Chargeport wasn't illuminating properly. So I took the car in for that and the modem the first time. They ordered the chargeport and told me the modem was fine, even though there was a recall.
-Visit 2. I come back when new chargeport comes in and they replaced it, while leaving me with scratches on the body surrounding the circle. I told them the modem was still not working, they told me they updated sync and it was probably my iPhone.

2nd dealer:

-Visit 3. Replaced my modem no problem. App starts working. They told me i'd have to update the sync myself.
-I call myfordmobile, they give me a case number and tell me to go back to the dealer. Also, after looking at the sync version, ford informs me there was never an update attempted by the first dealer, which pissed me off as I felt lied to.
-Visit 4. I drop the car off today, they try to work on it, tell me they have to order this part.
-Visit 5....hopefully everything is fixed.

I love the car. It's just getting annoying what it takes to get them to fix an issue.

Back