Under hood storage options?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cutler03gt

Any nooks and crannies under the hood that may be useful for keeping rarely used items?

Mainly, I'm wanting to keep my Turbocord, an extension cord, and a couple of choice adapters there for hard times, while keeping my rear hatch cubby open for other things. I'm probably better off just shoving them under the seats, but figured this may have been an option worth exploring.

I presume under hood temps stay pretty mild? Unfortunately 2017s lose quite a bit of space between the driver side headlight and 12V battery, so that area is no longer so spacious. It gets filled with the new module for DC charging, GFM2 (Generic Function Module 2) also called the EVCC (Electric Vehicle Communication Controller).

Take the foam insert out of the little cubby for the tire pump and 120V cord. Doing that will give you plenty of room in that little area--I used to keep both the Ford EVSE and a Clipper Creek EVSE in there along with the pump.

That was my initial plan, but was hoping to keep it for some more typical roadside stuff. Though I'm probably being a bit too "prepper". My previous job with Ford had me driving 40K a year though KY, WV, TN, & VA, so I probably need to relax on having anything & everything with me. It's unlikely I'll ever be all that far from home in this car.

I do intend on ditching the tire mobility kit for a nice plug kit and smaller compressor, so that leaves a little more room in that spot.

I already have a Turbocord from when we had our C-MAX.
http://store.evsolutions.com/mobile/turbocord-dual-240v120v-p28.aspx

I plan on making a couple short adapters for converting its NEMA 6-20 plug into more common plugs like a 14-50 and maybe a 6-50. Other than that, a 25 or 50 ft 12AWG extension cord along with it.

Edit:
Just realized you were referring to the tire plug kit I previously mentioned. I saw someone else had one of these, that looked pretty nice.
Stop & Go 1001 Pocket Tire Plugger ...p/B001BBSD9C/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_7rILyb9KS98N8

Back