FFE not moving after starting it and put in reverse

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okladoug

I have noticed that the FFE is not moving after I start the car and put in reverse. I get the backup camera in my screen but the car wont move. I haven't noticed the green car not showing up but I noticed that the ready to drive message doesn't show up and sometimes the dome lights are on. I shift it to park and try again until it moves. I wonder if there is a software update for this problem? Someone said it might be affected by the slope of the parking space but it happens on flat and sloped parking spaces. I have a 2015 Ford Focus Electric with 6000 miles.

How long are you taking between pressing start and shifting out of park?

I developed a specific sequence that would reliably get the car "ready to go":
  • Open door, sit down
  • Press brake pedal
  • While holding brake pedal press start
  • While still holding brake pedal buckle seat belt
  • do a 5 count, or mess with the radio, etc.
  • Now shift out of park
Using this procedure I would rarely have the car just sitting there not doing anything stuck in some state between parked and RTG.

You have to do what Jmueller said. You'll get used to the timing. You're a new driver of the car, and they just do this. In a few weeks you won't even think about it anymore.

I'm not a new driver and I've experienced the problem as originally described (August 2016 build).

Everything should be ready to go (green car icon etc) but no joy. My driveway is on an incline and the only way I really know the car's not working is that the power assist brakes are not active or the accelerator doesn't do anything.

Putting the car in park and cycling the power a few times solves the problem. I've had it happen in various locations, slopes and flats, various times of day and external temperatures.

I put it down to being a glitch, and move on. It's annoying, but not the end of my world.

i have a 2016 and although its not often it has happened a few times. But normal procedure always fixes it... turn car off... open door... close door....turn car back on.... away we go.

It has happened to me before...I think I've posted about it here somewhere. My garage is flat, but the driveway is on an incline too, which I think in my case, is the reason it happens. I believe the hill-assist function is wrongly engaging. I think in total, it happened 2 or 3 times. On the last time...over a year ago...I just sat there with the car in reverse and foot off the brake. It didn't take too long before the brakes started to disengage and the car started to move. Since it hasn't happened in such a long time, I was thinking an software update got applied at some time that fixed it. Anyway, I'm surprised the issue is still occurring.

Back