latest sync2 version?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

triangles

My 2014 FFE shows Sync2 v3.7 ford's owner website says it was updated to this in Oct 2014 before I got my FFE and that this is the latest version and there's no update to download. I thought I remember hearing there was a new version that came out a while back that fixes some stuff. Can anyone shed some light on this?

apparently 3.8 was released in 2015 but mysteriously is no longer available for download. Then I found some references to version 3.10. I guess they skipped version 3.9. Supposedly according to Wikipedia version 3.10 was released in November 2016. It is apparently only available to dealers at the moment for some reason.

Pearl said:
Anyone have a list of differences between 3.8 and 3.10?

Everything people have found so far seems to just be the v3.8 release notes posted along side the v3.10 software. Seems it was just bugfixes. But I could be wrong. I'm taking my FFE in for an inspection this weekend and to have any outstanding recalls and FSAs checked. I also asked them to update the SYNC system, so I'll ask if they have any notes for v3.10.

My understanding is that Ford has pretty much stopped working on MFT updates after around 3.8 (or even earlier). Now that new cars are selling with Sync 3 any updates to MFT are to add/update language support but no new features (which would explain 3.10 having the same release notes as 3.8 as there is nothing new there).

Sorry to resurrect a dead thread.

Does anyone still have the v3.8 update file on their computer? I need to try reinstalling it and I can't get it again from Ford. My Google-fu appears to be weak on this search.

Omen87 said:

Does anyone still have the v3.8 update file on their computer? I need to try reinstalling it and I can't get it again from Ford. My Google-fu appears to be weak on this search.

Here:

https://www.f150forum.com/f118/mft-sync-3-8-has-siri-eyes-free-316306/index47/

elec2017 said:
Omen87 said:

Here:

https://www.f150forum.com/f118/mft-sync-3-8-has-siri-eyes-free-316306/index47/

Thank you. Much appreciated. Over at the 2GFusion forums someone there got a hold of the files for the Sync2 v3.10 update. And basically complied it themselves into an update. Me being the person I am always want the latest software updates on all my devices and didn't want to take my car to the dealer to have the update performed. So I installed it on my car. It seemed to have worked fine, but ever since I installed it (if I'm remembering the timeline correctly) I've been having some low 12V battery issues. When I went to leave for work on Thursday morning it was too low to start. Got my DVOM out and it was only reading 9V. So I plugged my EVSE in to start the DC-DC converter so I could turn the car on. I also had noticed when I got into the car as soon as I opened the door the screen said something along the lines of "Shutting down to save battery".

Anyways the whole point of this post is to say that it is possible to downgrade your Sync version if you ever have problems. You do have to edit the "autoinstall.lst" file with an editor like Notepad++, but other than that it worked perfectly. My car "updated' and is now back on v3.8.

Back