Vehicle Health Report Not Uploading

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert123

2015 Focus is failing to upload my vehicle health report. This is the first time I have attempted to upload a report. Has failed multiple times all morning. All other features of MyFordMobile appear to be working. Battery is at 70%.

Have a "Battery Level Alert" and "Warning Light On" on MyFordMobile Activity log, but only indication that anything is amiss is via my phone. Car appears happy.

iPhone Applications being used
SYNC Destinations v4.1
MyFordMobile v3.0.50

Opinions / advise?

Still can't upload health report, but MyFordMobile not showing "all green". Can anybody upload a health report?

I've never been able to upload a health report either. I've just ignored it, figured when I take it in for the modem recall, I'll mention it.

Not a feature that I've really cared about, but then, I haven't had any warning lights come on.....(knock on wood).

Dealership called today & have my modem. Schedule to take it in Monday. I'll ask about it then.

Robert123 said:
Dealership called today & have my modem. Schedule to take it in Monday. I'll ask about it then.

I think the first time I tried it, it failed as well. I was bored one day and tried it again, and it worked.

Haven't tried it since.

Will do so once I get my 3G modem too. (next week, fingers crossed)

Does your car have MFT (MyFordTouch)? (I'm thinking yes because I don't think Sync 3 has the vehicle health report--at least my C-Max with S3 doesn't).

I'm asking because MFT doesn't use the built-in modem to upload the VHR. MFT uses the paired phone to "phone in" the VHR (at least this is how it worked on my 2013 FFE). Are you running the VHR with your phone paired, on, and "visible" to the car? (its done this way because any vehicle with MFT can run a VHR--we've done it with all 4 of the cars we've owned with MFT).

Yeah - it uses the phone - or is supposed to. Been working with Sync Help from Ford for about an hour or so. Even did a complete computer reset. Same issues.

First time mine failed was when the car was paired with my wife's phone. It went through all the motions, but ended in a failure message.
Paired and connected my phone, and it uploaded correctly.
Changed back to hers, and it failed.

Was curious why this was, so I updated my phone number to her number on owner.ford.com > Service & Maintenance, then it would upload with her phone and not mine.

TL;DR
Make sure your paired phone number is correct on owner.ford.com. If it is, change it to something else and change it back.

Good advice, but we tried that too. Changed the number, logged out, changed it again... argyle!!! Think I'm gonna try it with an iPhone not running IOS 10 just for grins and giggles. (Or an Android)

Robert123 said:
Think I'm gonna try it with an iPhone not running IOS 10 just for grins and giggles. (Or an Android)
Up to you of course, but I wouldn't bother. We were both using iPhone 6s with iOS 9.x. No Phone.app changes in iOS 10 that would affect this.
You could theoretically use a flip phone if it could pair with the car.

But of course I don't have a different idea, so, YMMV.

I just simply want to know if it's in the data collection itself or the data transmission / connection to the phone. All other Sync features work, so it makes me wonder....

My issue is resolved. The dealer upgraded the version of SYNC running in my car. (Think I'm on v3.10 now)

Back