New Recall - 3G modem?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

awefulspeller

When I called about the door handle recall, the dealership told me that the door handle isn't available yet but will be in the future.

On a side note, they called me back and informed me of a new recall that was released today in order to replace the modem for the radio. They ordered the part and will get back to me to schedule an appointment once it arrives.

Maybe this is a 3G modem?

I just checked for recalls on owner.ford.com, and this is now showing

Capture.jpg

Good news.

You have just made my YEAR!!

Right before the cold weather sets in too. Now I'll have a toasty car to come back to. YAY!!!!!!

The 15N04 "EMBEDDED MODEM REPLACEMENT" shows up for me as well here in Canada as well. It would seem rather probable that this is the 3G modem replacement considering that the 2G network is supposed to be shut down at the end of the year. It wouldn't make sense to put in another 2 G modem but then again Ford have been known to do some rather incongruous things of late! I've called my dealers service department for an appointment and will ask exactly what it is when they get back to me - nobody seems to answer phones any more, it is all leave a message and we'll get back voicemail prompts. I'll post back anything I learn as and when.

Thanks and Cheers

Carl

I chatted with an advisor as well. He says they have the initial notice, but parts are not available. They see the door latch and the modem replacement notices in the system but can't book the work yet.

My 2015 is calling for the recall as well. Service adviser here says this is an advanced noticed and Ford will mail us when parts are available. Could be mid next year before work can be completed.

Robert123 said:
My 2015 is calling for the recall as well. Service adviser here says this is an advanced noticed and Ford will mail us when parts are available. Could be mid next year before work can be completed.

Better not be. Entire network is due to be shut down in a little more than 2 months.

I dont know where the next year thing came from. My dealer said if history is any indication, parts will be available in just a few weeks.

scottt said:
Robert123 said:

Better not be. Entire network is due to be shut down in a little more than 2 months.

Guess we shall see. First to get a recall notice in the mail and/or work completed please post here.

Drove in to a dealship in the express service lane. By the time I left, supposedly parts were on order. Guess we will see what happens :/

Went to the local dealer last night. My part is also supposedly on order.

They wanted to "evaluate" the car first, then order the part (meaning I'd be without the car twice). Told them that I've been complaining about this for almost a year, have a case open with Ford, etc. Luckily they finally saw the light.

Took the car to the dealer who had the car most of the day then tells me they have to take it apart to get serial number then order part. Such BS, so now I wait 3-5 business days for parts so thet they can have the car again most of a day.

October 21st I read this topic and Contacted my dealer. Yesterday, 10/26 I got a call that the part came in. I dropped the car off last night. 3PM I just got a call that they were having software difficulties and were working it out with Ford. I should plan on keeping the loaner for another day.

I like when they give me a loaner because I know they want it back and will do everything they can to get my car back to me.

Update: The car still is not ready on the second day. Dealer says they are having software issues to get the new unit to work. Says they have been on the phone with Ford engineers for two days with still no luck. Ford has now put them in touch with the manufacturer. Dealer thinks they sent him the wrong unit for my car. Old unit only had one connector. New unit has two. Unfortunately today is Friday so they won't look at it again until Monday. Service manager is mad, he really wants his loaner back.

Good luck. So far I'm not overly impressed with the customer service exhibited at the dealership service departments I've dealt with.

Back