Three weeks left on lease and car stops with SSN....

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michael

Friday my FFE wouldn't start, got an SSN message a dozen times.

My wife drove out and picked me up, had the car towed to nearest Ford dealer this morning. So far, they haven't had a chance to even look at it.

The question is whether they will get it fixed before it's due to be returned...?? And what if not?

that sucks. let us know if they figure anything out before the end of the lease. When the lease is up it's not your problem anymore.

The message was solid for maybe two dozen tries. My wife picked me up, and I left the car at work.

The following Monday I came by to clean out all my stuff and gave it a try...it started right up, but I still had it towed to the Ford Dealer.

They are reflashing the PCM, but my plan is still to return it as soon as possible and not risk getting stranded. They also want to replace the 12V battery but of course I'm not going to do that.

I got over 52,000 miles out of the thing, good enough!

So for what it's worth...at 3 years, 52K miles, the battery is down to between 15 and 15.5 (call it 15.2 kWh) useful. Assuming 19.5 originally, that's about 22% fade. Not bad, not great.

Since we are treating this current problem to software (as opposed to something actually breaking) I think it's been reliable, fun to drive, and comfortable.

So what's the status of your FFE? I know you said in another thread that you turned it in already. I didn't know if you've seen anything on MFM that might indicate it has been fixed.

The last I heard from the car was four days ago...a flurry of text messages saying the 12 V battery was going low, please plug in. I checked and it was still at the dealer. Just now I checked and still there.

So about two months so far, still apparently not fixed.

Back