An online Ford Focus Electric Forum discussion group

It is currently Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:34 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:52 am 

fbitz777 wrote:
your have a 2016FFE ? only a few hundred cars were affected (mine being one)

I doubt it has anything to do with your issue, I had these both on my 2016 and 2013 and it was more about the car being confused
and not energizing the motor

Yes, it is a 2016. Curious to know about why the 2014 was replaced with a 2016. If you already have a write-up about, just point.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:52 am 

GHTech wrote:
fbitz777 wrote:
your have a 2016FFE ? only a few hundred cars were affected (mine being one)

I doubt it has anything to do with your issue, I had these both on my 2016 and 2013 and it was more about the car being confused
and not energizing the motor

Yes, it is a 2016. Curious to know about why the 2014 was replaced with a 2016. If you already have a write-up about, just point.

Motor mount broke off and damaged the front CV joint and was in the shop for 9 months and then I complained and ford gave me a new one

My old 2014 was eventually sold at auction and I once a while get an email saying it is doing fine.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:57 am 

Jamez wrote:
It's as if we need an audible "Vrooom" noise to tell us the motor is energized

Well there is the green "Ready to go" light on the dash.

Sometimes if you don't follow the proper sequence that light doesn't come on and the car just sits there....

2014 Thor Axis (V-10)
2013 Focus Electric (lease returned Jan 2016 for the C-Max above)
https://spareelectrons.wordpress.com/

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:25 pm 

About confused starting - honestly, the car isn't confused. This comes up with new owners pretty often. You just have to get used to the routine and timing.

Get in the car, press and hold the brake pedal down, press the start button, release the brake pedal, put on your seat belt, and the car will be ready to go. That last step is the critical one - put on your seat belt to give the car a second or two to actually be ready to move.

And yes, as JMueller pointed out, the green car with the double arrow is the indication the car is ready. If that light isn't on, you aren't going anywhere.

2014 Tesla Model S 85

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:01 pm 

EVA wrote:
About confused starting - honestly, the car isn't confused. This comes up with new owners pretty often. You just have to get used to the routine and timing.

Get in the car, press and hold the brake pedal down, press the start button, release the brake pedal, put on your seat belt, and the car will be ready to go. That last step is the critical one - put on your seat belt to give the car a second or two to actually be ready to move.

And yes, as JMueller pointed out, the green car with the double arrow is the indication the car is ready. If that light isn't on, you aren't going anywhere.

Hi EVA!

In my case the car had reversed out of the parking spot, and when switched to Drive, it did not move. Tried moving it between D and R, and then P and turned car off. Turned it back on (made sure that the Green Car was on), and put into Drive, and the car did not move. After a few different tries, the problem went away.

Regards,

GHTech

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:09 am 

OK, the car is confused in your case.

2014 Tesla Model S 85

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:54 am 

GHTech wrote:
In my case the car had reversed out of the parking spot, and when switched to Drive, it did not move. Tried moving it between D and R, and then P and turned car off. Turned it back on (made sure that the Green Car was on), and put into Drive, and the car did not move. After a few different tries, the problem went away.

Not necessarily: Is there a down slope to the parking spot? The reason I ask is because when the car doesn't fully come up it feels like its in neutral and thus, if your drive has a down slope, you may have thought that it was backing out normally but could have just coasted down the drive. Then you wouldn't notice that it didn't switch to D when really it didn't switch to R either. This is really easy to miss: get in the habit: get in, turn on, back out, etc. I've done it a few times even making it down the driveway before realizing that the car isn't "on".

They can be really finicky and make you think stuff is going on when it isn't.

2014 Thor Axis (V-10)
2013 Focus Electric (lease returned Jan 2016 for the C-Max above)
https://spareelectrons.wordpress.com/

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:11 am 

jmueller065 wrote:
GHTech wrote:

Not necessarily: Is there a down slope to the parking spot? The reason I ask is because when the car doesn't fully come up it feels like its in neutral and thus, if your drive has a down slope, you may have thought that it was backing out normally but could have just coasted down the drive. Then you wouldn't notice that it didn't switch to D when really it didn't switch to R either. This is really easy to miss: get in the habit: get in, turn on, back out, etc. I've done it a few times even making it down the driveway before realizing that the car isn't "on".

They can be really finicky and make you think stuff is going on when it isn't.

Hi!

In both situations, it was completely flat.

Thanks,

GHTech

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:55 am 

I spoke with the Service Advisor at my dealership and he told me it is looking like Feb 2017 before they will have parts.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:09 pm 

J_PATT wrote:
I spoke with the Service Advisor at my dealership and he told me it is looking like Feb 2017 before they will have parts.

I've been trying since Nov 2016 to get my dealership to order the parts, and so far no progress at all. (2 weeks I went in there, asked the same service advisor to look into it, and he has not called me back.) I'll go in tomorrow or so and try yet again. Something is not clicking in the Parts Dept. on this parts order.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next