An online Ford Focus Electric Forum discussion group

It is currently Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:48 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:30 am 

henryfocus wrote:
Just a quick update from me. The replacement motor didn't solve the problem so Ford bought it back.

Sorry to hear that. I'm guessing that by motor they probably meant just the rotor since the motor is a part of the TCM (motor/gearbox/drive assembly). They probably needed to replace the whole TCM to fix it and that's probably not something they can get in a timely fashion. What are you going to buy to replace your FFE?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:56 am 

I wish they gave me more details so I could relay them. After replacing the differential and bearings, I believe it was the electric motor that Ford recommend they replace. The dealer said it came on a pallet and that these are basically a sealed part that they don't open.

They were genuinely displeased and sympathetic when after all that it still didn't fix it and offered to just buy it back. It took four months for everything but we've come to an agreeable conclusion.

I imagine it will eventually be fixed and the learnings from that will go towards making the car even better in the future.

I'm looking into a lease this time of the 2017.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:35 pm 

Just got my 2016 back from a northern California dealer after 9 days; everything seems to be working okay. They thought there was a problem with the coolant pump but it wound up being a reconnection procedure they missed. On another note, the Leaf I had as a rental surprised me in a positive way. The ride was smoother and the cabin much quieter. Ford needs to step it up or be left behind.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:50 pm 

Last week, my local dealership service and parts dept. told me parts are STILL not available, while Ford was telling me they ARE AVAILABLE.
So, I called Ford and asked them to "work with" the local parts department here. And that worked. Now the parts guy changed his story, said he could get the parts, some ordered thru what he called "unusual channels", whatever that means!
All differential parts and related pieces should arrive soon, and then the work can be done. Maybe. Just great.....
Sometimes you have to hold their hand a little. You'd think they could order parts, but somehow coaxing is required in some cases.

henryfocus wrote:
Just a quick update from me. The replacement motor didn't solve the problem so Ford bought it back.

Wow, nice. Getting Ford to buy it back. I thought they'd just try the repair all over again, this time with more parts.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:16 am 

An update to my previous post: The parts came in Tuesday, Sept. 5, & the Ford dealership called me a day later to say they "needed to order a part" even though we had attempted to order the complete parts "kit" Ford listed to do this job completely. Now its Thursday Sept. 14 and still no word. No Focus Electric car done yet.

Fortunately the dealer gave me a long-term loaner, a heavy gas-guzzling brand new Ford Explorer to drive until the Electric is fixed!

I just hope they fix it correctly. We'll see.....

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:25 pm 

After 2 weeks with the loaner car with the Focus Electric still at the dealership, I stopped by to ask them what the status is.
They told me that it was done yesterday and they forgot to call me.
OK, well, the ordeal is over and I have the car back. It seems like the repair was done OK, and it runs fine.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:48 pm 

Hmmm, not super encouraged after reading more in this thread.

Livermore Ford has been HORRIBLE on all accounts, but specifically this recall. They got my car 14 days ago, and AFTER I asked them to preorder the parts and gave them the recall number. They have not called, and they do not answer their phone. I will stop by tonight to see if they havent gotten the parts yet, or if they managed to screw it up more. I wish this thread had a more positive tone. If I can get my car back, it isnt going back in for this recall. I will definitely maintain the paperwork that shows they had it for 2 weeks for this problem.

They also werent able to reproduce my other warranty problem that is a 100% of the time occurrence so they have done nothing in two weeks.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:00 pm 

If you get it back in 2 weeks consider yourself lucky it wasn't 2 months!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:12 am 

triangles wrote:
If you get it back in 2 weeks consider yourself lucky it wasn't 2 months!

Or 9, or that you got it back at all. :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:33 pm 

carbuff wrote:
Or 9, or that you got it back at all. :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ROFL. Ok that's funny but not funny as far as your fiasco went. :shock:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8