Removal of front plate

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pablo702

hi guys, im new in this forum, i bought a focus electric 3 weeks ago and im loving it, theres 1 thing that its been bothering me and is the huge front plate "thing" (you know what i mean) i tried to remove it but i i couldnt, there was 3 screw or bolts i was able to remove the botom one that was drilled thru the front bumber but the 2 top ones that are on the actual grill are not coming out and im afraid that if i force it i will brake the grill,any suggestions? i checked this forum as a guest and see that lots of guys removed theirsor lowered them but theres no pic or anything of the process, pls let me know if one of you did it and how, thank you very much!!!

On mine, the two fasteners through the grill were push-in fasteners. I tried to get to them from behind, but without removing the bottom shields, I couldn't get to them. I finally took a pair of snips and cut the heads off of the fasteners and the plate holder came right off. The other part of the fastener fell inside into the bottom shield, and I assume it eventually fell out (I never found it).

Two weeks later, I got a ticket for no front plate (UGH!), so I had to go buy two large bolts to thread into the holes that were left in the grille to get the ticket signed off. My bad for parking in a public parking lot at the train station; periodically, the LA Sheriff's go through and write tickets for expired registration, no front plate, etc.

Keith

If running without the front plate, be sure to put it up behind your windshield if you are parking in ticket happy places like LA.

My front plate holder was simply drilled into the plastic and held there with two screws. Not too happy about the permanent holes...

Thank you guys, im from Vegas and from what i understand front plates are not mandatory here, ill try again this weekend, ill remoce the shield on the bottom

I don't think plates are mandatory there at all. I drove a rental car with no plates for a week around there and the cops didn't seem to care. :lol:

Back