Ford Focus EV faulty port charger lightning?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SoulEater_ said:
Hey everyone! The port charger lighting of the EV it's acting weird. Have any of you had any issues similar to this?
Mine's been fine, but others have reported stuff like this.

Are you still under warranty? Take it to the dealer.

WattsUp said:
SoulEater_ said:
Hey everyone! The port charger lighting of the EV it's acting weird. Have any of you had any issues similar to this?
Mine's been fine, but others have reported stuff like this.

Are you still under warranty? Take it to the dealer.

I bought it used at a ford dealer. It's a certified ford but I don't know if it still has warrantee for that

SoulEater_ said:
I bought it used at a ford dealer. It's a certified ford but I don't know if it still has warrantee for that

What year is it, and how many miles?

SoulEater_ said:
scottt said:
SoulEater_ said:

2013 with 19K miles

Might still be under it's 3 year warranty. Check fast!

Also, you can purchase a Ford ESP warranty. They aren't too expensive for the FFE

SoulEater_ said:

Here's a link to a video showing what it does:
https://vid.me/ywuE

Is it charging correctly or is it just the ring display. Almost looks like a loose connection.

Mine is doing the same thing. Charges fine. The dealer ordered a new one under the COPO warranty as a certified Ford.

TomEV said:
SoulEater_ said:

Here's a link to a video showing what it does:
https://vid.me/ywuE

Is it charging correctly or is it just the ring display. Almost looks like a loose connection.

It charges correctly. Everything is fine. Just the port lightning that does that :cry:

scottt said:
SoulEater_ said:
scottt said:

Might still be under it's 3 year warranty. Check fast!

Also, you can purchase a Ford ESP warranty. They aren't too expensive for the FFE

Yes I'll check once I take it to service. I don't really want to ask the dealers that sold it to because they were kinda mean when I got the car

If you bought it certified, it should have an extra 12 month/12,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty. Make sure you don't wait too long before it expires.

if it's out of warranty just use your wifi app to see how many miles of range you have or go inside and turn on the dash

CPO Warranty:
Comprehensive Limited Warranty Coverage for 12 months/12,000 miles* covering more than 1000 components
More than 1000 components covered, including engine, transmission and more
Powertrain Limited Warranty Coverage for seven years/100,000 miles* covering the engine, transmission and more
Fully transferable manufacturer-backed limited warranty coverage on engine and transmission

From the Warranty Guide

Your vehicle’s unique hybrid / electric components are covered during
the Hybrid / Electric Unique Component Coverage, which lasts for eight
years or 100,000 miles, whichever occurs first.

The following Focus Electric unique parts are covered during this
extended coverage period: high-voltage battery packs, high voltage
charger, DC/DC convertor, Electric Drive Module Assembly (includes
electric motor and gearbox), trans range and charge cord.

I would argue if needed that the charging port is part of the High Voltage Charger or Charge Cord and should be covered as any other unique Focus Electric parts.

Pearl said:
I would argue if needed that the charging port is part of the High Voltage Charger or Charge Cord and should be covered as any other unique Focus Electric parts.

I lost a quadrant on the charge ring, Ford specifically said that it's like the fuel gauge and only covered by the 36mo bumper to bumper. Bought a 2012 used, so they denied the claim. I was within the 30 days from Carmax, so they are covering it.

Now the battery heater cooler pump that went out, I am having Carmax yell at the local Ford dealer on that one. That is specifically mentioned in the warranty for 8y/100k

I took it to the dealer. I still had some factory warrantee besides the 10year 100K miles so they are fixing it at no charge but I had to leave my FFE on Friday and I won't get it back until Monday or Tuesday :cry:

SoulEater_ said:
I took it to the dealer. I still had some factory warrantee besides the 10year 100K miles so they are fixing it at no charge but I had to leave my FFE on Friday and I won't get it back until Monday or Tuesday :cry:

If you plan on keeping the car awhile, you should give some serious consideration for a Ford Extended Warranty.

Paid $740 (paid a tad extra for the first day rental option) for my 8 year, 48,000 mile, no deductible Ford ESP.

scottt said:
If you plan on keeping the car awhile, you should give some serious consideration for a Ford Extended Warranty.

Paid $740 (paid a tad extra for the first day rental option) for my 8 year, 48,000 mile, no deductible Ford ESP.

The problem with that is that they charge me $1500 at the dealer I got it from

It's too much for me

Back