Ford FFE FSA 16A01

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NightHawk

I see this week a new Ford FSA is now listed for my 2014 FFE:
Field Service Action Number: 16A01
FSA Title: 16B02 BATTER PACK CONNECTOR

Anyone know exactly what this is, what its for, and what work/parts are involved at the dealer?
I already had the other recent FSA 15B23 done at the dealer last month.

It's showing up for my 2015 as well.

No real info on it, and a Google search didn't find anything either.

I Had a harness replacement done for the SSN light, which i never experienced, but, was told there was another recall for a shield that goes around the battery connector. They couldn't do it because they did not have the part.

The Recall done has changed the bhavior of my car though. I seem to get more regen braking force and the GOM reacts very differently to the heat being turned on. Separately, the recall work left me with no heat period. Took it back, the forgot to hook something up.

Either way I'm still getting used to the different feel.

campfamily said:
It's showing up for my car as well. Now to find the time to leave it at the dealer to get this done......
Keith

Please report here after you get it done and let us know the details of what this FSA involves and if the dealer has to order any parts first.

I wonder if this FSA is critical or if one could wait a few months, since I just had the previous FSA done recently.

I have this listed for my car as well when I check owner.ford.com, but it is not showing up when the dealer checks my car. The dealer can see the other 3 FSA's for my car just not this new one and they have no information on what it is. Waiting for a call back from the service manager now.

I'm in Canada...

My FFE 2012 is at the dealer for 16B02... It took 5 weeks for 15B23 & 15N03... Ford technical hotline was recommending changing the high voltage battery, but it will be sent to be repaired if repairable...

Hey all...

The website still shows both recalls for my 2014 FFE. I had the 16A01 recall done just before the 16B02 recall was posted.

I've confirmed with my dealer that they ARE different. One is under the hood. One is at the battery.

Plan to have done next week. 16B02 is supposed to take most of the day (they haven't done one yet), where the 16A01 took about an hour.

In Florida, the dealer said the recall doesn't count, just in the northern rust-ridden states. He didn't do it on my car. Of course, he could have told me that when I made the appointment listing the recall number as the reason, but that's another story.

kalel14 said:
In Florida, the dealer said the recall doesn't count, just in the northern rust-ridden states. He didn't do it on my car. Of course, he could have told me that when I made the appointment listing the recall number as the reason, but that's another story.
So southern California might not need to have the battery cover installed either?
I might wait until later in the year when I do the annual service at the dealer then.

kalel14 said:
Of course, he could have told me that when I made the appointment listing the recall number as the reason, but that's another story.
Dealers.. always looking out for customers. Where would we be without them?

Of course he had you come in. There was always the chance that he could upsell an oil change to you, or interest you in one of Ford's other fine all-electric cars. Oh wait.

NightHawk said:
I might wait until later in the year when I do the annual service at the dealer then.

Do you actually go to the dealer for annual service? I just go down to America's Tire and have them rotate the tires for me for free. 20 minutes in and out, and I'm done.

Lithium said:
The Recall done has changed the bhavior of my car though. I seem to get more regen braking force and the GOM reacts very differently to the heat being turned on. Separately, the recall work left me with no heat period. Took it back, the forgot to hook something up.

Either way I'm still getting used to the different feel.
Did you post in more detail about this elsewhere? Do you have access to FORScan to measure the impact on regen? How is the GOM different now?

Back