Focus Electric Spotting Thread

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elektra

This car is rare in Texas. This is the first time I've seen a FFE on the road since buying one 9 months ago. Only 28 people who purchased the FFE claimed the rebate in TX compared to 913 for Leafs last year.

I spotted a dark colored FFE in Allen, TX at 7:55 PM on 1/16/16 on McDermott. I saw the LEDs from behind and the charging port on the front.

Please post if you see one in your area.

https://www.tceq.texas.gov/assets/public/implementation/air/terp/ld/2014-LDPLI Wkly Graph.pdf

I live about 3 miles from the plant.

So far in the 32 months I've had the card I've seen:
  • My coworkers LOL. He picked up the identical Blue Candy FFE
  • A similar Blue Candy one once during my commute
  • A Black one twice (could have been two different ones)
  • A white one several times--they live in our neighborhood
  • An Ice Storm one owned by one of the organizers of the local Drive Electric day/week
That's about it.

In Los Angeles I see tesla and volt car all day long. Most other evs with some frequency. But perhaps a half dozen FFE spottings over 2+ years

campfamily said:
Where I work there are four FFE's, including mine.
Same here, out of over one hundred EVs where I work, there are only three Foci, including mine.

The rest are mostly Leafs and Volts, and good portion of Teslas and, increasingly, other "random" newer EVs, like Fiats, Souls, and e-Golfs.

In my little over 2 years of ownership I haven't spotted another FFE in the wild here in northern Ohio. At least not that I can remember. I don't count the 3 I've seen at various dealerships while on my quest to buy one.

Chicago area: I parked at a mall that had two charging stations, a rarity to have more than one charging station around here. Came out of the mall and saw another FFE parked next to mine. only happened once so far.

I recall just 3 others (or 2, 1 of 'em seen twice?) in Marin county: a brown one spotted at Target's shopping center and a silver at a charging station in Novato. Leaf and Tesla predominate, + a few Fiat 500's, with BMW i-3 coming along too.

I saw familiar-looking headlights in my rearview the other night, going up the I-5 express lanes over the Ship Canal in Seattle. Sure enough, I was overtaken by an identical 2014 Ice Storm FFE. I presume he saw the Plugshare sticker and the Electric badge and we did a nod.

Last summer I parked around the corner from my barber's shop and found myself next to the home of a local guy whose enterprises include specialty coffee roasting and biodiesel, and he's got another neighbor with an FFE, so we had three on the same block.

Most mornings I make a point of noting the electric cars on my commute. When I go to the East Side, there's always a Tesla or two. Haven't seen a Model X yet.

Today I was counting hybrids, too. Eight LEAFs, sixteen Prius liftbacks, and one each hybrid Camry, Mercury Mountaineer, Chevy Tahoe (!), one Fusion, and two C-Max Hybrids.

The other day I saw a yellow Lotus come around the corner and then was disappointed when I realized I could hear it's engine whining, indicating it was an Elise, not a Roadster.

In my suburban Detroit (Birmingham) to Ann Arbor commute over the last 16 months, I've seen a total of 4:
1) Metallic Green (or whatever they call it) @ Meijer in Troy,
2) same color parked on Main ST. in A2,
3) a black one near the Big House in A2 and lastly,
4) a black one on the Southfield FWY that I was able to catch up with and give a big thumbs up to.

#4 Was about 4-5 months ago, and last one I've seen.

I'm in a 2015 Metallic White (whatever it's called).

Recently, no longer doing the A2 commute, so will probably see even few - though I'm always looking!

All the best!

I've seen 2 others here in St. Louis MO. You see mostly Teslas here with a few Leafs and then any other EV is rare. I've seen more i3's then FFE's.

I saw a new white one being test driven at the dealer I work near and I've possibly seen the same black one 3 times. Could be different but I doubt it. They live pretty near me as far as I can tell so thats why i see it.

Back