100 days at the shop; what a joke!

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fbitz777

Well this is day 100 at the dealer for my 2104 FFE which had only 10 months and 11000miles at the time.
Engine bolt broke off and creating some damage to the CV front drive and AC lines. I did not think this would be hard
to fix.

Of course I contacted Ford Customer after day 30 to voice my frustration and the fact they had not even
offered a loaner car (which they did after 50 days) or that my car sat in the lot for 70 days and battery had shut down.

So I get weekly calls from the friendly Ford regional manager claiming my car is about ready to be worked on.

Under the list of excuses:

Parts on back order
Dealer does not have a free bay available to work on car.
Today the car is ready but when I call dealer they tell me no it is on the rack.

I did file with the BBB Auto Line as stated in the Ford Manual. Ford kindly suggested they will offer me a free 45,000 3 year extended warranty.

What a joke; I pay about 550/mo to Ford Credit for something that I can't even use ...the FFE meets all my requirements in terms of range and size and I could not find any other make of car that compares to it.

Anyone been at the shop longer than that?

michael said:
Where do you live? Aren't there lemon laws that relate to this?

In PA and yes lemon law could apply easily BUT Ford will litigate claiming that they are doing a best effort to fix the car.
And yes I have contacted a lawyer and the most likely outcome is not a new FFE but a few thousand $ for my troubles

In CA it would have been automatic after 30 days according to Ford owner's manual.

The FFE does not have an engine, it has an electric motor.
It sounds like the motor case had a defect in the casting that caused the failure.

yes electric motor ...since my loaner is an ICE focus I got back to using non FFE terms

nothing to do with casing...one of the bolts than held the motor in place sheared off.. motor fell a few inches and that was enough
to break front CV coupling and AC lines....nothing really too bad

Oh and after I replayed the latest weekly voicemails from Ford Support they had offered a free 45,000 3 year service and maintenance program
not an extended warranty.

Now obviously even the Ford Support guy does not know that the FFE should have close to ZERO maintenance during that period.

Back