New Focus, new FFE?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffand

When Ford comes out with an all new Focus will thier be a FFE? Or will Ford build a vehicle that is disgned to be an electric only? I do like how the Focus body looks. Ford does keep a very tight lid on new products. If something is coming down the line, I would exspect to see it at the Detroit auto show, or ar CES.
Here is a list of improvements that are high on the list.
Increase range.
Move batteries under the floor, thus restoring trunk space.
Heat pump, to reduce power use for cabin heating.
Level 3 charging option.

What are your thoughts?

My guess is that the next major change for the Focus (all of them) will come in the 2018 model year. That is the year production moves out of Michigan Assembly plant to somewhere else (most likely Mexico).

Ford does manage to keep things close to their vest. If they don't have increased range and fast charging their car will be a flop--it would need those features just to stay current with the competition.

jmueller065 said:
My guess is that the next major change for the Focus (all of them) will come in the 2018 model year. That is the year production moves out of Michigan Assembly plant to somewhere else (most likely Mexico).

Ford does manage to keep things close to their vest. If they don't have increased range and fast charging their car will be a flop--it would need those features just to stay current with the competition.

I agree. I think with the introduction of the Chevy Bolt, it would be very surprising if Ford didn't come up with an answer. After years of competition with GM why would that all suddenly change? Meanwhile, I love my car and it works great for what I ask of it.

If i remember right Ford spent a boat load of money upgrading the Michigan assembly plant when they re-opened it. It would make no sense to close it down.

No, the Chicago Assembly Plant (CAP) will continue to build the Explorer and a new Lincoln SUV. It's been rumored that MAP will be getting the Taurus from us.

Back