Field Service Action Number: 15C06

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve0512

Last updated 07/02/2015

We found the following field service action listed on your vehicle.

VIN: 1FADP3R46FL260100
FSA Title: 2015 MODEL YEAR ESCAPE, FOCUS, AND C-MAX BODY CONTROL MODULE REPROGRAMMING
Field Service Action Number: 15C06
Be advised that this system tracks Recalls and Customer Satisfaction Programs for which vehicles are subject to repair in the United States. The information provided is subject to change and update. There may be temporary delays in update of information on this site due to a number of factors. For the latest information regarding the status of your vehicle or any recall program of Ford Motor Company, please contact your local dealership directly or the Customer Relationship Center.

A recall is an action by the Company to remedy a safety concern related to a vehicle defect or regulatory requirement. It may require that you return your vehicle to the dealer for service. If your vehicle is not affected, it may be because it was built at a different time or using a different part than the affected vehicles.

Does anyone know what is a Field Service Action?

The recall announced today is the one with the cars not shutting off in certain circumstances.

There is an issue in the calibration that causes the car to not turn off the engine when the key is turned off or the start button is pressed.

Ford is recalling certain 2015 Focus, C-Max, and Escape models for an issue with body control module (BCM) that could affect shutting off the engine.

The Problem: An issue with the body control module in affected vehicles could cause the engine to run even after turning the ignition key to the “off” position or pressing the engine start/stop button. Affected vehicles don’t meet FMVSS114 standards regarding theft protection and rollaway prevention.

The Fix: Ford will notify owners to bring affected vehicles to the dealer to have the body control module software updated. No accidents or injuries have been reported related to the issue.

Number of Vehicles Potentially Affected: A total of 432,096 vehicles in North America are being recalled including 2015 Ford Focus models built at Michigan Assembly Plant from June 17, 2014, through June 12 2015; 2015 Ford C-Max hybrids built at Michigan Assembly Plant from April 22, 2014, through June 12, 2015; and 2015 Escape SUVs built at Louisville Assembly Plant from April 1, 2014, through June 12, 2015. Ford states that 374,781 affected vehicles are located in the U.S., while 52,180 vehicles are located in Canada. An additional 5,135 vehicles are in Mexico.

Source: Ford

Not sure; most likely not. If you are concerned if you car is covered log into owner.ford.com and type in your VIN--it will tell you if you are part of the recall or not.

The drive system of a Focus Electric is obviously very different from a gasoline Focus, so the process of disconnecting the main and battery contactors is very different from shutting off the ignition and fuel to a gasoline engine. But maybe the Body Control Modules are the same and they just send signals to the Engine Control Modules.

I logged into owner.Ford.com this morning and found a service advisory for the Accessory Module that runs Sync (advisory number 12M02), but nothing with regard to the body control module. My FFE is a 2014 (built in July 2014) not a 2015, so I'm eager to hear from a 2015 owner on this.

I just received notification in the mail that my car is affected by this recall. :evil: So, apparently it isn't just limited to ICE Foci. Anybody else get it?

Now to make time to get it to the dealer to get it fixed......

Keith

We ARE covered by this recall. Just had mine done at the dealer last Saturday.

Ugghh...my focii have notices.

2014 with FSA 12M06...hmm...basically extending the warranty from 3 to 5 years for the microsoft sync...for updating firmware to 3.6...number 13171 in system information

2015 with recall 15C06

jmueller065 said:
Not sure; most likely not. If you are concerned if you car is covered log into owner.ford.com and type in your VIN--it will tell you if you are part of the recall or not.
This recall does not show on the list at owner.ford.com under my account for my 2014 FFE.
Could it be only for 2015 FFE models?

Our leased 2015 FFE has been recalled for this safety recall. It came in the mail today. I will take to dealer on Monday. It has shown no issue to date. We have had for one month. It has been great so far. No gas purchased this month!

Silverrabbit1954
2015 FFE
2014 Fusion Energi
2010 Mazda CX-9

8-3-2015

The re-programming took a little over an hour today. Electric techs know what they are doing. Service writer told me not to forget the first oil change after break-in period when I picked up the FFE. It is electric! Amazing!

For those that have had this recall performed, have you noticed any other effects (positive or negative) after having it done? I've finally got some time to be able to leave the car with the dealer for a day to have this software update done.

Keith

Never received any notice of the recall for our 2015 FFE, but I started looking at forums due to other 'quirks' I have observed with the car and stumbled on the owner.ford.com web site, created a logon, put in my VIN and there was the recall. I am concerned that we did not get anything in the mail, but I'll ask the dealer about it when we drop off the car Monday.

We do notice that the car seems extremely sensitive when the brake is applied. Often the tires will screech even when coming to a gentle stop. I am hoping that maybe this update will fix that.

There are also other quirks with the Sync system but I'm trying to stay on topic here....

Back