Next generation Leaf may look like Focus???

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michael

The next generation Leaf is reported to look more like a car, less quirky.

Here is an artist's rendition

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/nissan/leaf/88345/nissan-leaf-to-get-sharp-new-look-and-range-boost-pictures#0

Remind you of anything familiar???

My money is going to go to the first automaker bold enough to not put a fake radiator grille on an EV.

The existing Leaf at least only has enough of an air inlet for its cooling needs. Why do a blacked-out hexagon grid to catch bugs and create turbulence ? So that it "looks more mainstream" ?

I like the look of the Nissan Sway concept car best; I hope that's what we end up seeing from the next-generation Leaf.

I hope Nissan successfully gets the new generation Leaf with larger battery capacity for ~180+mile range out in late 2016 or early 2017 as the article indicates.
That should force competitors like Ford to upgrade battery capacity to compete in that time frame hopefully in time for when my 3 year FFE lease ends in late 2017.
I want a higher capacity model next.

When I first saw this months ago they clearly said that it is purely speculation as to what the next leaf might look like. It's not even from Nissan. Nissan has been tight lipped and has only said that it will look more like a normal car instead of the fugly thing they sell now :lol: I agree with ditching the fake grill. There's been many ICE cars without a traditional grill why can't they do it with an electric which definitely doesn't need it. Think first gen Dodge Neon or Ford Probe. I'm sure there's more.

I would not buy a Leaf, considering their current GUI and backup camera.

The dash GUI, is poor.

the backup camera view is something from a 1990 camera, crappy quality and definition.

Sorry gonna stay with a FFE.

Many people goof on the bug-eyed look of the Leafs headlights. But if you ever read the specs on the car, There's a reason for the unique shape of the headlights.

At highway speeds, the shape of the headlights are designed to deflect oncoming air outside and beyond the rear view mirrors. The bug-eyed headlights are causing the oncoming air to do a bank-shot around the rear view mirrors. Thus enabling the car to have a better drag coefficient.

Steve0512 said:
Many people goof on the bug-eyed look of the Leafs headlights. But if you ever read the specs on the car, There's a reason for the unique shape of the headlights.

At highway speeds, the shape of the headlights are designed to deflect oncoming air outside and beyond the rear view mirrors. The bug-eyed headlights are causing the oncoming air to do a bank-shot around the rear view mirrors. Thus enabling the car to have a better drag coefficient.

Plus the headlights are LEDs

Steve0512 said:

When I was shopping for an EV last year I looked at the Leaf as a possibility. IIRC the deflecting air around the mirrors was not for drag coefficient but rather reducing wind noise for a more "pleasant driving experience." Also not to nit pick but they are the side view mirrors. There is only one rear view mirror and that is inside the cabin :D

Back