Red Battery on MFM?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmueller065

Has anyone seen a red battery on the MFM website? What does it mean?
fferedbattery.jpg

Strangely enough its still "blue" in the MFM Android App?
ffebluebattery.jpg

(I'm guessing it thinks its too cold out! LOL) The difference in % between the two is because I remote started it and in the few minutes between my screen grabs I lost 2%! (Even after remote starting it the battery remains red on the website but not on the mobile app)

Does it stay red if you log out & back in? No red for us here. What's the temp in Michigan today? It's a balmy 28 F here, but a cold front is moving in.

Ooh good question: I didn't log out and log back in. Driving home and plugging in though its now back to blue.
The car read 20 on the way home..much warmer than the past few days even (but I don't log into MFM via the website that often--usually use the apps).

I've seen it once or twice legitimately, when the battery was very low. And I've also seen it several time for no apparent reason other than the system seemed to be confused. Updating it a second time usually cleared the incorrect ones.

I think it's just a hiccup.

I have seen the red battery in the app, but as soon as it gets the new data it changes back to blue. It could be if the data is old enoph you may get a red battery. Refreshing with new data gives you a blue battery. The exceptions to this being a nearly completely dischard battery, or very cold battery.

jeffand said:
The exceptions to this being a nearly completely dischard battery, or very cold battery.
I think in my case it was a cold battery (refreshing it several times didn't clear it). For the past week or so I've been parking the FFE with the back end up against a snow bank which probably contributes to the issue. LOL

jmueller065 said:
jeffand said:
The exceptions to this being a nearly completely dischard battery, or very cold battery.
I think in my case it was a cold battery (refreshing it several times didn't clear it). For the past week or so I've been parking the FFE with the back end up against a snow bank which probably contributes to the issue. LOL
Did you have any MFM warning notifications turned on? If not, the missed notifications might have explained why your battery was red.

jmueller065 said:
I have just about all of the notifications turned on.
When I've seen a red battery, it is usually cleared up with a refresh of varying degrees (see below).

This is because the red battery (I've found) is usually bogus, and just due to some kind of "bad data".

Often, cycling through the pages in the app on mobile, or tabs on the website, and then back to the main status page, usually fixes it.

If THAT doesn't work, killing (not just closing, killing) and restarting the app on mobile (I use the iOS version), or exiting and restarting the browser on desktop, usually fixes it.

I think there is a software problem in the web site, leading to inconsistent colors (and sometimes loss of numerical display, too). Using only the online site, I often see colors and lack of data that have nothing to do with status of the car, apparently. Try again (exit, re-log-on), and it may be back to normal. Gave up worrying about it. The car is fine.

michael said:
I've seen it once or twice legitimately, when the battery was very low. And I've also seen it several time for no apparent reason other than the system seemed to be confused. Updating it a second time usually cleared the incorrect ones.

I think it's just a hiccup.

I've never seen a red battery on the MFM app or website (almost exclusively use app)-- only blue and yellow. Mine turns yellow whenever estimated range goes under 10 miles, just like it does on the headsup display. Sometimes when it's charging from a low state, it stays yellow even though range goes over 10 miles, but it eventually fixes itself. Do you know if red and yellow are the same thing or if red means something else?

jeffand said:
I have seen the red battery in the app, but as soon as it gets the new data it changes back to blue. It could be if the data is old enoph you may get a red battery. Refreshing with new data gives you a blue battery. The exceptions to this being a nearly completely dischard battery, or very cold battery.

Seen the exact same thing, fairly frequently. The battery doesn't always turn from red to blue on the first refresh. I just figure it is some kind of minor problem and ignore it. Frequently the battery will be 100% (or some high fill percentage), red, and show 0 miles next to it. Location doesn't update either.

Sounds like you were having a different problem JMueller.

JTCalif said:
I think there is a software problem in the web site
Well that is the understatement of the year LOL.

Checking on it this morning once I arrived at work:
  • Battery red at log in
  • Hit update, still red
  • Log out, log in
  • Battery now blue

(If I was really worried I wouldn't have driven the car home but despite what the website has said the car continues to perform exactly as it has for the past 19,000+ miles...)

Now my coworker's FFE..that is another story (I may have to make another blog posting about his woes...I think his FFE is cursed! LOL)

jmueller065 said:
JTCalif said:
I think there is a software problem in the web site
Well that is the understatement of the year LOL.

Checking on it this morning once I arrived at work:
  • Battery red at log in
  • Hit update, still red
  • Log out, log in
  • Battery now blue

(If I was really worried I wouldn't have driven the car home but despite what the website has said the car continues to perform exactly as it has for the past 19,000+ miles...)

Now my coworker's FFE..that is another story (I may have to make another blog posting about his woes...I think his FFE is cursed! LOL)
Glad it's back to blue. Please share the link once you write up the issues he's having.

Back