Order update?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lietuviukasd

I have ordered my FFE back in November still no build date or even a vin# from the dealer . I have been checking up every two weeks ir so. So today I got done news ... Bad news, that the plant only builds 50 cars per month and if big goverment agencies or big corporations order in bulk regular consumer get pushed back , example if a company like ComEd order 30 cars that month 30 cars go to ComEd the 20 to retail people like us. Booo! So what the dealer found out that the october cars just finished building and will start any day on November orders ,per dealer my order was #4 for next batch of cars so he said it should be around March or April before I get my car! So I am very dissapointed in this ordering process just way to long!

This explains why their is virtually no inventory on dealer lots. I did a search and found only 53 FFE on dealer lots in all of the United States. No inventor means, no sales. I checked back in December and found only 27 FFE. Building only 50 per month will drastically reduce sales. This is why Ford only sold 53 FFE in December. Long wait times don't help either. From the time I placed the order it took 6 months to get it.

That has been the production rate of the FFE all along. When I ordered mine two years ago the going understanding was that they only built 3 maybe 4 per shift and that was it.
Sure Ford would sell more if they built them (especially at today's prices).

Going with the conservative number of three per shift. That would be 1080* units per month, not 50.

*Edit: Whoops, the number should be 155. Must have had an errant number in my calculator.

3 8 hour shifts per day
30 days per month
3 cars per shift:
30 * 3 * 3 = 270 (assuming all out and working on weekends as well)

Which is roughly what Ford's production has been (a little higher so perhaps only 2 cars per shift)? (Granted it still is 4x+ more than 50.)

Am I missing something in my math?

I humbly corrected my errant number above.

I would guesstimate two 10.7 hour shifts per day, six days a week, 4.3 weeks in a month =155. But we're just pushing numbers around to fill the void until our morning coffee kicks in.

Back