Obama to visit Wayne Assembly

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmueller065

http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2015/01/05/obama-visits-wayne/21290221/

The visit to the Wayne plant is closed to the public but will be streamed online at www.whitehouse.gov/live.

Typically they just stand at the end of the line within a crowd of workers with only one or two cars visible but who knows you may spot an FFE, or a C-Max (for those of you that may hate Obama it may not be worth it to watch LOL).

unplugged said:
I would submit that there are very few Obama haters on this board. Maybe the Tesla board.
LOL That statement was more of a CYA on my part.

From the local news it would appear that he will be speaking at 4pm Eastern time today.
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/obamas-trip-to-michigan-white-house-releases-details/30538048

Steve0512 said:
Oh great, :roll: more production time lost when they aren't building my car.

+1 :cool: I have been checking the status each week with my sales guy.

@Trey, I'm sorry for being bitter but these delays are just ridiculous. I work in a Ford assembly plant and we have been building 2015 Explorers since August. Ford is talking nonstop about the 2016 Explorer and the new F150 but not a peep about why the Focus is the only car on their website that only shows the 2014 model. I've tried searching Google News, the Detroit Free Press, Redddit, and all the automobile news websites and nobody is talking about it. Evidently this us business as usual but it's frustrating to us. Thanks for letting me vent.

Note that most of the news reports about the president's visit mention that the Focus plant is still shutdown for the holidays. According to Ford they extended the shutdown an extra week because the smaller fuel efficient cars (e.g. Focus, C-Max, etc.) aren't selling (low gas prices) and they are trying to "balance production with sales".

So yeah no FFE's (nor any ICE Focuses, and C-Maxes) will have been built this week, last week, or the week before.

jmueller065 said:
Note that most of the news reports about the president's visit mention that the Focus plant is still shutdown for the holidays. According to Ford they extended the shutdown an extra week because the smaller fuel efficient cars (e.g. Focus, C-Max, etc.) aren't selling (low gas prices) and they are trying to "balance production with sales".

So yeah no FFE's (nor any ICE Focuses, and C-Maxes) will have been built this week, last week, or the week before.

Grrr! They cut our shutdown down to one week because we can't build our models fast enough. We started production on Monday.

As a confession, I may have driven past the plant recently and pulled over next to the predelivery lot and peeked through the fence. Unfortunately the badging is too small for me to see any FFE's at that distance.

Steve0512 said:
jmueller065 said:

Grrr! They cut our shutdown down to one week because we can't build our models fast enough. We started production on Monday.

As a confession, I may have driven past the plant recently and pulled over next to the predelivery lot and peeked through the fence. Unfortunately the badging is too small for me to see any FFE's at that distance.

You sir, are a great resource. THanks for venting as it gives me a little idea of what is happening. When I see "at plant" for weeks I begin to worry. This actually worries me less because there is less of a chance of a car problem and more of a chance they are not churning them out.

Trey said:
You sir, are a great resource. THanks for venting as it gives me a little idea of what is happening. When I see "at plant" for weeks I begin to worry. This actually worries me less because there is less of a chance of a car problem and more of a chance they are not churning them out.

It sounds like you have a VIN number that you have been checking on? I don't have a VIN number yet and my order was placed the first day the order bank opened.

Steve0512 said:
Trey said:

It sounds like you have a VIN number that you have been checking on? I don't have a VIN number yet and my order was placed the first day the order bank opened.

Mine was also placed the first day of the window opening and my dealer provided a VIN in early December. I would think you have the inside track over a regular customer in Georgia.

Trey said:
Mine was also placed the first day of the window opening and my dealer provided a VIN in early December. I would think you have the inside track over a regular customer in Georgia.

There is no company store for Ford employees. We order through a Ford dealer like everyone else. It almost makes sense that Georgia dealers get priority. They sell a ton more FFE's in Georgia than they do in Illinois. I will however be emailing my salesgal today.

unplugged said:
jmueller065 said:
(for those of you that may hate Obama it may not be worth it to watch LOL).
I would submit that there are very few Obama haters on this board. Maybe the Tesla board.

That is way too funny. And sadly, way too accurate. You'd be hard pressed to find one supporter over there. Well, at least one is there.

jmueller065 said:
Live feed of the event:
http://www.whitehouse.gov/live/president-obama-speaks-resurgent-american-automotive-and-manufacturing-sector

Skip forward to 1 hour for the start. Nice speech. Thanks for posting that link.

Trey said:
Steve0512 said:
Trey said:

So If you got your VIN in December are you getting any updates , whats the status of the car ?....I placed my or in November but still no Vin just talk to my dealer has no news either....

EVA said:
unplugged said:
jmueller065 said:
(for those of you that may hate Obama it may not be worth it to watch LOL).

That is way too funny. And sadly, way too accurate. You'd be hard pressed to find one supporter over there. Well, at least one is there.
WHAT? :eek: You mean there are people here who actually like that idiot?

lietuviukasd said:
So If you got your VIN in December are you getting any updates , whats the status of the car ?....I placed my or in November but still no Vin just talk to my dealer has no news either....

As of Tuesday, it still is listed as "at plant". My dealership checks at least once per week and provides an update.

I emailed my salesgal yesterday and she replied that she checks with her fleet manager several times a week and they have no VIN's yet. We are in Illinois where I have only seen one electric car on the road ever. And it was a Tesla. I ordered my FFE without ever seeing one in person. I still have never sat in one. It makes sense that orders are filled for states that have higher sales. California, Washington and Georgia would take priority. I just don't have to like it. VIN's are issued up to 30 days before production. So at this point I am possibly looking at March or later before I see my car.

Back