Buzzing when stepping on brakes

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djdanny

Hi everyone. Just picked up a FFE and new to this forum. I was wondering if anyone else's FFE makes a sort of buzzing noise when the brake is depressed. What I notice is that when the car is turned on but not moving and in park, that if I step on the brake pedal there will be this noticeable buzzing noise coming from somewhere (I'm guessing the engine compartment but not sure). Is this normal for an electric car to do? This is my first one so I'm not sure if something is wrong or not.

THanks!

djdanny said:
Hi everyone. Just picked up a FFE and new to this forum. I was wondering if anyone else's FFE makes a sort of buzzing noise when the brake is depressed.
It's just the compressor to maintain the brake fluid pressure. Perfectly normal.

Picked up my car yesterday and my wife noticed it from outside. I had to turn off the radio and open the window to hear it. Quite noticeable from the outside since there is no ICE noise. I did notice it would come and go with/after application of the brakes so this explanation makes sense. It would be nice if it was insulated for noise.

Back