Location!

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lietuviukasd

Is there a map where you can see the location of each member town or state? Just curious how many FFE owners are in Chicagoland. I am in a market for one want to collect fed and state incentives to make the $ work. Any clues how to get one in Chicagoland?

Back in September, the closest 2014 FFE for sale was over 200 miles away in the middle of Iowa. I don't know if it is still available to buy. At this point you are going to have to wait for the 2015's to ship. Ford hasn't announced when that will be. All they say is the first quarter of next year. Welcome to the waiting club.

An i3 Owner set up exactly what you are looking for as a Google Fusion Map.

https://www.google.com/fusiontables/embedviz?q=select+col6+from+1hsox7aCV_PSApOPWVvwtdHS6TgZzMD8JM4y_Cj6G&viz=MAP&h=false&lat=48.00165326480826&lng=287.2653442999999&t=1&z=3&l=col6&y=2&tmplt=2&hml=GEOCODABLE

lietuviukasd said:
Have you ordered yours?

I have in informal order in for one. I work for Ford and have a good relationship with my local Ford Electric dealer. I told him that when he puts in his initial order for 2015's with Dearborn, to order a Ruby Red with leather seats and that I would take it off his hands.

cwstnsko said:
At a regional level, that's pretty cool, at a zoomed in level, that's a bit too specific. If we build a map like that, I'd specify the address of a shopping center or something in my general area. Unless the i3 drivers are doing something similar, I could visit the driveways of a couple of nearby i3s. Neat if you are a kindred spirit, no so neat if used by people with bad intentions
I agree. From the map it looks like it would have been really easy to just locate the points at the city centers instead of specific streets.

cwstnsko said:
At a regional level, that's pretty cool, at a zoomed in level, that's a bit too specific. If we build a map like that, I'd specify the address of a shopping center or something in my general area. Unless the i3 drivers are doing something similar, I could visit the driveways of a couple of nearby i3s. Neat if you are a kindred spirit, no so neat if used by people with bad intentions
Some folks have specified the city center for the town they live in, others have been more specific. While I haven't specified my actual address in this map, my EVSE is on Plugshare with it, so I guess I have faith in humanity.

Back