For Sale 2012FFE 28kmi, San Diego

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hocus Focus

28k miles
Cloth
light blue "Frosted Glass"
Interior & exterior 9/10
ZERO problems (eg SSN, value charge, GOtimes, etc...)
No noticeable reduction in range--18.1kWh on trip with 4 mi remaining this month
Transferable Ford extended service plan extra
Asking $18,750
selling to buy another EV
(reply here if interested I'll send msg with contact info)

What EV are you buying? If you sell it, I think I will have a chance to beat you in the myfordmobile rankings. :) When I used to check, I saw your name frequently.

I just leased a Rav4EV. First impressions are much more powerful and roomy and expensive but worth the extra cost. In comparison the ride quality on FFE is excellent and I find that it is still really fun to drive although the acceleration is no comparison.

As for the rankings, I reset the settings on MFM a few times and changed my driving style so I don't think you'll be seeing me on any leaderboards anymore. :twisted: I also charge frequently at the transit station near my house that offers free charging so I am much more liberal with the accelerator that I used to be.

The car has been so good and the technology is so valuable relative to the used market prices that have been depressed by the heavy federal and state subsidies that I am looking for a way that I can keep the car in the family somehow. But if the right buyer comes along I'll part with it.

I think most would find that $18,750 to be a high price for a 2012 FFE. As you know, Ford has reduced the price for a 2015 to $30,000. With a fed tax credit of $7500 and the $2500 CA rebate, that brings the price of a brand new FFE to $20,000. I think a price reduction for a three-year old car of only $1250 might raise some eyebrows. This is especially true when minimal dickering with the dealer could bring the price of a NEW FFE below your price of a three-year old FFE.

unplugged said:
Ford has reduced the price for a 2015 to $30,000. With a fed tax credit of $7500 and the $2500 CA rebate, that brings the price of a brand new FFE to $20,000.
the new price is actually even lower since Ford also adds currently an extra $4000 Ford bonus discount if buying a new 2014 or 2015 FFE, bringing the total price after tax credits and rebates to $16,000 + tax/license fees. Possibly lower if you get a dealer discount - last month several Ford dealers were adding their own additional discount up to nearly $3000 more off the price, so under $15K effective total price might be doable for a new FFE by the end of the year?

NightHawk said:
unplugged said:
Ford has reduced the price for a 2015 to $30,000. With a fed tax credit of $7500 and the $2500 CA rebate, that brings the price of a brand new FFE to $20,000.
the new price is actually even lower since Ford also adds currently an extra $4000 Ford bonus discount if buying a new 2014 or 2015 FFE, bringing the total price after tax credits and rebates to $16,000 + tax/license fees. * * * - last month several Ford dealers were adding their own additional discount up to nearly $3000 more off the price, so under $15K effective total price might be doable for a new FFE by the end of the year?
These prices probably reflect discounts off the 2014 price in order to bring them in line with the new low price of the not-yet-released FFE. (The 2014 FFE sticker remains at the old price.) The 2015 won't be released until around January (for some unknown reason). Also the additional discounts might increase in order to get rid of the old model year.

But our mutual point remains: Used FFEs are going to have to make similar price drops in order to remain price competitive with NEW FFEs. I'm glad I leased. This is what I thought might happen.

Back