blackbeasst

Re: My random thoughts/comments/questions/concerns as I go

Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:05 am

unplugged wrote:
blackbeasst wrote:i had 2 more moths on my ceiling this morning :(
Have you parked your car in the direct sun for any amount of time? The super-heated interior should kill any insects and their eggs, I would think.
not really. but this is getting pretty damn annoying. almost daily since i last posted i come out to a minimum of 2 moths (i think anyway) with sometimes 4 on there. if you barely touch them its like they explode and leave a smudge mark on the nice light tan headliner :evil:

where the crap could they be coming from? i park it a closed garage every night

davideos

Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:00 am

$3 Sounds like pantry moths. They don't need much at all to survive on. If you've ever eaten in the car, a few particles of flour is all it takes. Since you need a male and female to propagate the species in your biosphere, you might try using a pheromone trap. These are available at your home improvement stores. I think they are about $6 for 2. It will trap the male or female...don't remember which. You also might take your car in for a detail. Get the carpets cleaned and completely vacuumed.

blackbeasst

Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:40 am

davideos wrote:$3 Sounds like pantry moths. They don't need much at all to survive on. If you've ever eaten in the car, a few particles of flour is all it takes. Since you need a male and female to propagate the species in your biosphere, you might try using a pheromone trap. These are available at your home improvement stores. I think they are about $6 for 2. It will trap the male or female...don't remember which. You also might take your car in for a detail. Get the carpets cleaned and completely vacuumed.
ha! with 2 kids under the age of 5 i know there are food particles in the car! i'll have to take it all out and clean it up. just odd that my wifes honda pilot that sits right next to it and probably has half a box of cheerrios spilled all over it has no problems. why they likey my FFE so much?!

you think these things have a nest or something in the car?

michael

Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:49 pm

Could you possibly be driving through an area with moth eggs in the air? Bringing them in through windows or air inlet?
2013 FFE Returned after 3 years with 52,000 miles and battery down to 15.2 kWh
2014 Volt returned with 43,000 miles
2014 Volt 26,000 miles
1967 Corvette 427
1962 Corvette 327
Awaiting a Bolt

blackbeasst

Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:59 pm

michael wrote:Could you possibly be driving through an area with moth eggs in the air? Bringing them in through windows or air inlet?
LOL! thats a damn good question. one of which i wouldn't know if i was or not :o

unplugged

Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:52 pm

michael wrote:Could you possibly be driving through an area with moth eggs in the air?
If you do: DON'T BREATH! With those moth eggs in your lungs, they will spawn into tiny moths and grow in your lungs until you begin to cough up moth larvae.

Hey. I just came upon a great plot for a horror movie.
May 2013 Ice Storm once leased and currently a 2017 White Platinum

blackbeasst

Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:19 am

#7: is there any way to play dvds/movies via disc/usb/sc card? hack or not?

Kakkerlak

Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:40 am

Ford says the only way to output video to the dashboard screen is via the component video jacks, not via USB or SD or Bluetooth. I would be amazed if anyone has gained access to the infotainment system on a level that would allow something like that.

Unrelated: I have an old iPod Video that I leave plugged into the USB port. Today I noticed that the screen of the iPod shows the a big blue oval Ford emblem. I've never seen that sort of thing when the iPod was plugged into a PC.
2014 Focus Electric Ice Storm Metallic
2012 Kalkhoff Pro Connect Electric Bicycle
http://bigwoo.myevblog.com

hybridbear

Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:44 am

Kakkerlak wrote:Ford says the only way to output video to the dashboard screen is via the component video jacks, not via USB or SD or Bluetooth. I would be amazed if anyone has gained access to the infotainment system on a level that would allow something like that.

Unrelated: I have an old iPod Video that I leave plugged into the USB port. Today I noticed that the screen of the iPod shows the a big blue oval Ford emblem. I've never seen that sort of thing when the iPod was plugged into a PC.
We have an old (2006 or 2007) iPod Mini which shows a Ford logo when connected as well. We leave it plugged in to the Focus Electric all the time.

Does the Focus have the component video jacks? The Fusion does and will allow you to play videos on the MFT screen, but only when the car is on & in park.
2013 Ford Focus Electric - Ice Storm - leased through 8/15/16
Replaced by a 2016 Tesla Model S 60D

Kakkerlak

Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:54 am

Yes, the Focus has the component video jacks in the center arm-rest console.

I'm not sure I see the point of it, unless the idea was to let you watch a movie while you sat in the car for three hours while charging.
2014 Focus Electric Ice Storm Metallic
2012 Kalkhoff Pro Connect Electric Bicycle
http://bigwoo.myevblog.com

Return to “General / Main Focus Electric Owners Forum”