Abelgoddard

Re: What's the biggest thing you miss about your old ICE?

Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:28 pm

I drive with radio and ac 99.9% of the time. The other .1% is sitting at a light - I adore turning off everything and sitting in the silence, knowing that my car is ready to move by lifting my foot from the brake, while hearing all of the ICEs surrounding me rumbling and polluting the area. It's totally a feeling of superiority. Not that I don't feel superior to most people most of the time anyway! :o :D But in my FFE there's a physical embodiment of feeling and being different.

To answer the original question, though: storage. I miss easy access to my garage door opener and coin slots. On the list but just not major is the tiny back seat. There's just no room back there if I'm in the best driving position for my body.
Stay shiny, and May The Force Be With You!

------------------------
2014 FFE Ingot Silver - 'Wraith'
Previous cars (almost) all Hondas.

cwstnsko

Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:45 am

I miss the opportunity that my ICE cars give me to use the squeegee, window cleaner and towels at the gas station to clean my windows. :roll:

I either need to buy myself a squeegee, or wash my car more often :lol:
Chris W
2015 C-Max Energi, Magnetic, 302A package
2014 Focus Electric, turned in at end of lease

michael

Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:44 am

I miss the great burritos I used to get at gas stations.
2013 FFE Returned after 3 years with 52,000 miles and battery down to 15.2 kWh
2014 Volt returned with 43,000 miles
2014 Volt 26,000 miles
1967 Corvette 427
1962 Corvette 327
Awaiting a Bolt

Gigi

Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:21 am

The biggest thing was the whole inside of the back of the minivan when the seats were out.

What I really miss is being able to put five adults and all their luggage in one vehicle to go on a trip. Last time we did a long trip together, I rented a minivan. I'm good with that.
2014 Ford Focus Electric - Oxford White
2013 Ford Fusion Energi SE - White Platinum Metallic Tri-coat
2012 Ford Fusion Hybrid - Tuxedo Black Metallic
2005 Ford F-150 Lariat - Arizona Beige Metallic
East Cobb County, Georgia

hybridbear

Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:59 pm

Gigi wrote:The biggest thing was the whole inside of the back of the minivan when the seats were out.

What I really miss is being able to put five adults and all their luggage in one vehicle to go on a trip. Last time we did a long trip together, I rented a minivan. I'm good with that.
Could you take your 2012 FFH for that? I know that it's a work car, but are you allowed to drive it for limited personal use? Assuming that you paid for the gas, etc for that trip and not your employer.
2013 Ford Focus Electric - Ice Storm - leased through 8/15/16
Replaced by a 2016 Tesla Model S 60D

studio460

Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:21 pm

michael wrote:I miss the great burritos I used to get at gas stations.
That's the funniest reply yet!
2014 Ford Focus Electric, Oxford White/leather; Ford splash guards; ST replica spoiler, matte-black; de-badged.
Lamin-X smoked reverse-light tint/blued headlight tint.

Gigi

Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:29 am

hybridbear wrote:
Gigi wrote:The biggest thing was the whole inside of the back of the minivan when the seats were out.

Could you take your 2012 FFH for that? I know that it's a work car, but are you allowed to drive it for limited personal use? Assuming that you paid for the gas, etc for that trip and not your employer.
Not an option, unfortunately.

My F150 extended cab with a tonneau cover is our backup vehicle for hauling people and stuff. I didn't hear any complaints from the back seat on a three hour trip we took recently - though I'm sure they weren't as comfortable as back in the minivan days. Anything longer than that, I'll just rent a minivan.
2014 Ford Focus Electric - Oxford White
2013 Ford Fusion Energi SE - White Platinum Metallic Tri-coat
2012 Ford Fusion Hybrid - Tuxedo Black Metallic
2005 Ford F-150 Lariat - Arizona Beige Metallic
East Cobb County, Georgia

Return to “General / Main Focus Electric Owners Forum”