If you could change 3 thing...

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goofygrin

Obviously high on everyone's list would be more range... but beyond that.

For me:
1. black interior option. I HATE, HATE, HATE tan/beige/dingy looking interiors.
2. Auto locking when you walk away from the car (my caddy has this and most cars I have with aftermarket alarms have this and I'm very used to it).
3. HVAC that doesn't whack the battery. I'm wondering if the AC will suck as much juice as the heater does (it gets HOT here in Dallas).

1. Sport mode with 100mph+ top speed and better low-end acceleration.
2. More user control over charging times and current levels (like the Volt perhaps, but Tesla's level of flexibility is really what I'd like)
3. More efficient heating system. The A/C seems to be incredibly efficient compared to the heater.

1. Agree on black for the interior.
2. Auto dimming side and rear view mirrors.
3. Add the missing features that the Focus Titanium gets (fog lights, sunroof, parking assist).

In order of preference:

1. More efficient heater.
2. Black/charcoal/dark interior (preferably available with leather).
3. Moonroof.

Other than those wishes, I really, really, really like my FFE.

A fourth wish is for an advanced car like the FFE to come with factory LED external lighting (indicators, brake lamps, etc.), but I've retrofitted after-market LEDs into mine.

1. Ditch the creep. (At least make it driver selectable.)
2. Regenerative braking to allow one foot driving. (Like the BMWs)
3. An Eco Mode for the climate control that provides airflow without heat or A/C.

- Paddle shifter adjustable regenerative braking with maximum at or beyond what the ActiveE delivered for one pedal driving.
- A robust chargeport door. For something that gets used at least 7x more often than a gas cap door, that thing is a joke.
- In car control of all vehicle functionality without having to rely on MFM for some things

Three more:
1. Better energy flow display. Showing how much regen you're getting etc.
2. Sport mode for quicker off the line acceleration.
3. Sunroof

1. 200+ mile range
2. Better door. As others said, that thing feels like a piece of junk.
3. I'd rather use Google Maps and Plugshare.

1) Reduce the energy hit when using the heat, or defrosters.
2) Larger battery option.
3) A dark grey and black interior option would be nice.

I would ditch the lite green paint option and replace it with red.
Home link as standard equipment would be nice.
MyFord touch and applink
Down loadable POI for the nav system. (Points Of Interest)
Plug share and Navigation system working together.

I see some don't like the tan and black interior. At first I though I'd rather have black too, but it doesn't bother me now...not enough to list on the top three. Anyway, my 3 are:

1) 100 mile range.
2) a vent button. Too much trouble to put on low and turn off AC all the time.
3) a retractable 120v cord, like my vacuum cleaner has. 120v is all I get at work.

I would change:

1. Reconfigure the battery to be flat and under the floorboard for better balance and more cargo space

2. Improve steering for a tighter turning radius

3. Offer option for bigger battery (more range)

3B: more stable software

3C: ability to use apps from iphone (google maps, pandora, etc)

But I LOVE THIS CAR!

How about an extra battery option?

Open the hatch, drop in the battery, snap and strap and presto your good for extra range.

Or. Open the garage door, grab the newly charged battery, pop out the tired battery, Put it on charge pop in the good one. Presto ready to go for another inexpensive drive.

Or something like that.

Zurc.

1.Heat pump based heater with resistive for ultra cold days if needed, aka more efficient heater

2. Fix the giant hump in the trunk and spread that battery else where in the car with out sacrificing interior space

3. Make the center console system more responsive and intuitive

At this point I don't see Ford doing to much to improve the car at all. They spend most of their time trying to market and improve the plug-in hybrids. Whereas the other manufactures seem far more interested in promoting the Electric vehicle.
Nissan has a new program where you get two years of free Charging, plus they have conversations around that magical 200 mile range. Will it happen? Who knows, but at least they have conversations about it. All the other manufacturers are trying to improve the Electrics, Ford seems to be just along for the ride and could care less if they sell it.

I really don't care about some interior upgrades or changes. Those are nice to haves, but they are pointless if Ford doesn't actually upgrade the Electric vehicle. And being they just had a terrible quarter, you would think they would market the FFE, because most people who drive or buy it, love it.

Regarding the battery shape and position: It's the way it is because no part of the battery may be in the crumple zone, that magical two feet forward of the rear bumper. It's the same thing that pushed the gas tank forward of the rear axle. We'd all love low and flat, but it just can't happen without a major rearranging of the car.

" Ford seems to be just along for the ride and could care less if they sell it."

I think the dealerships have a lot to do with that attitude.

Although to be fair, the one and only that sold in this neighbor hood, the people in the dealership were all over it when it came in.

Zurc.

1) Constant battery % display
2) Seat/mirror memory for two different drivers
3) More attractive front end

Back