Applink and Plugshare?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffand

Hey when is Myford Touch going to start to support Applink?

MyFord Mobile App now seems to be using the Plug share data base of charging stations. It only shows the public charging stations on the map. Simple touch the charging station icon on the map. Then touch the charging station name. This will then show a description of the charging station. Then scrole down so you can touch the Send to Sync button. From the car you can give the voice command "services" to have the car contact Sync. Sync will ask you if you want to download the destination. You should answer "yes". After a pause Sync should load the charging station location into the navigation system.

Ford has implied that app link will be working this year in a press release back in January.
http://www.myfocuselectric.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1730
Rumor has it that there is a sync update coming.

I'm wondering what is happening with the transition to the Blackberry operating system. Will we get it as an update? If so, there are all kinds of apps that run on that system. If not, I'm afraid Microsoft Sync is going to be like Windows 98, abandoned and ignored.

I don't think we'll get it. My guess is that QNX Sync will be Sync 3, or MFT 2. All different hardware, software, etc.

It is possible that we would get it, which would be unprecedented in the automotive world (heck MFT was unprecedented to begin with).

Back