Mild Temperatures

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gigi

Wow! What a difference mild (40-70 degree) temperatures make. In the last week, we averaged 229 Wh/mile for 282 miles driven in the Focus Electric. For 100% EV trips in our Fusion Energi over the same time, the average was 225 Wh/mile for 117 miles.

Yesterday morning before leaving for work, our FFE showed 94 miles range. My wife drove 65 miles and returned home with 23 miles range remaining, which, if the estimate was accurate, would total 88 miles, considerably more than what we were getting in January and the early part of February with temperatures in the teens and 20s and the heater running.

When it was cold, I didn't want my wife to worry about running out of juice in the FFE, so she drove the Fusion on her 54 mile commute and I drove the Focus for my 26 mile commute. Now that temperatures are up, range is of little concern and we are able to maximize our EV driving.

In the last week, between the two vehicles, we used less than $10 of electricity and only $1.20 of gasoline, considerably less than what we were spending in our previous daily drivers, a Honda Odyssey and a Ford F-150. For our normal, everyday driving, our combination and utilization of Focus Electric and Fusion Energi is working out very well.

Back