Front license plate holder

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richmond72

I would like to remove mine, anyone know how? I just picked my new 2014 up Saturday. Super excited, replacing my Volt which I loved but I wanted something all electric.

Get ready for disappointment. See my thread on this here: http://www.myfocuselectric.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1741

If the bracket was installed correctly, there is a rivet in the center. I don't know how that is removed. The dealer should be able to do it. The two screw holes that will be left in your grill can be filled and since the area is black, a repair should practically disappear. If the bracket was installed on center, a body colored plug right smack dab in the center of the bumper cover might not look too bad.

I wanted a better look than this and I insisted that the dealer that installed the bracket had damaged the car. So far, my dealer has replaced the grill and we are waiting on warmer weather for the dealer to repair the bumper cover.

Thanks, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy. I tried to remove it but couldn't find anything that fit the "screws". I would be fine using the plugs you can buy to fill the holes.

BTW Gigi... I am in Atlanta area, too. I'm over in Sandy Springs.

Hey, Richmond!

Did you buy the Ice Storm at Sandy Springs Ford? I see that only the silver and the black ones are left in inventory. We had the Ice Storm overnight a week ago. My wife drove it mostly since I had tested either that one or another like it a month ago. 40 of the miles on the odometer are ours. It behaved perfectly while we had it. We were back and forth trying to decide between Ice Storm and Oxford White.

When I had the Ice Storm in my garage, I pulled off the front license tag and saw the rivet and wondered how that came off. Hopefully, the people at the dealership in Virginia, where that car came from, are better at centering their drills on the dimples than the people in Texas who put on mine. I'll bet that if you go back to the dealership and have them take it off, not only will they do it for you, you may be able to talk them into repairing the holes for you. They replaced my grill already. I have talked with Kenny, who does their body work. He promises me that he will make my bumper cover look like new, only he can't do it when it's this cold.

So far, my experience with this dealer has been great.

Honk if you see me around town.

Ben

Hey Ben!
Yes, that is the one I bought. I test drove it Friday for about 10 mins and then went back Saturday morning for a longer test drive and ended up getting it. The dealership did offer to remove it (but not repair the holes that would be left behind). I asked after I made the final deal (which was amazing), they said they would give me a good price to repair it if I wanted to. I was just going to remove myself and see how bad it looked (and possibly order plugs for holes). I did the same thing with my Volt and left the holes as they weren't very noticable on it. I have a plate from my college so I may just put that one up there when my Georgia AFV plate comes in or find something else.

I think I saw where you have a Fusion Energi, too. How do you like it and what kind of electric miles are you getting in it? We almost got one last summer but ended up with a MKZ Hybrid instead.

Richmond72 said:
I think I saw where you have a Fusion Energi, too. How do you like it and what kind of electric miles are you getting in it? We almost got one last summer but ended up with a MKZ Hybrid instead.

When we were looking for a car back in November, I saw the MKZ Hybrid at Cherokee in Alpharetta and was powerfully tempted. It's a very good looking and nicely finished car. I imagine you must be pleased. I really like the Fusion Energi, especially how quiet and smooth-driving it is. I hardly notice when the ICE comes on.

Presently, my wife is driving the Fusion for her 54 mile round trip commute. If she would plug in at work, we'd be getting more electric miles, but I think she prefers to park under cover in the garage rather than outdoors where the plug is and, I think, hooking up the portable charger is more of a hassle than she wants to mess with. Nevertheless, we've gotten 64 mpg over the last two months and that includes a 400 mile road trip in December. Evenings and weekends in the Fusion end up being mostly electric and that helps.

Our plan is that once it warms up and range is not an issue, she will drive the Focus on her commute and I will drive the Fusion. My commute is only 26 miles round trip. I can plug in at work so long as I can snag one of the spaces close to my office suite. Even if I don't charge at work, I can drive a higher percentage of my commute in EV than she can. So, with warmer weather and me driving the Fusion, I expect its average mpg to improve significantly.

After years of driving an F-150 like a little old lady, watching the gas gauge drop like there was a hole in the tank, and $100 fillups for the 32 gallon tank, the logic of driving in EV mode in the Fusion hit me like a bolt of lightning, which was the impetus for going out and buying the FFEV. I am nearly able to make my lease payment on the Focus with what I was paying for gas for the F-150.

I just got off the phone with Kenny at SSFord. I'm taking the Focus in Thursday afternoon for him to do the bumper cover repair on Friday. They are giving me a loaner just as they did when they replaced the grill. I'm pleased that the dealer is working this hard to make me happy. I'll post an "after" pic once the job is finished.

My wife was thinking of naming your car "Stormy" before we decided on the white one. I'm glad she found a good home.

I just have to remark: Between the two of you this is a great story!

It is sad, though, that Ford sells so few Focus Electrics that buyers would get to know each other for this reason :(

Back