Red icon for "Battery System Health" in MFM -- anyone else?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WattsUp

Ever since the October app/site update, I've persistently had a red icon next to "Battery System Health" under "Vehicle Info" in both the MFM app and website. I had been speaking to a Ford tech here via PM about this and other issues, and he suggested that I bring my car's software up to date.

Today, I just had all the recalls and updates performed on my FFE, so now the car's software is completely current. In general, the car seems to be working well. But, of course... the red icon is still there. I've tried re-installing the iPhone app and refreshing the website, to no avail.

Also, does anybody know what a red icon next to "Battery System Health" actually means?

(And if there really is a problem with my battery system, nice of my "EV certified" dealer to fail to notice it while they had my car for two days!)

Mine always shows good on my app on iPhone. Also good if I run a vehicle health report. Sounds like maybe there is just a hiccup in the system. I hate to even say it but maybe a master reset? Might do the trick. Just a thought.

Astrand1 said:
Mine always shows good on my app on iPhone. Also good if I run a vehicle health report. Sounds like maybe there is just a hiccup in the system. I hate to even say it but maybe a master reset? Might do the trick. Just a thought.
Well, as far as I know, the installation of the recalls effectively performed a master reset. I had to re-add my car to MFM.

Also, I've tried running vehicle health reports... everything is fine.

I have had the red icon for a while, but my software is old. I thought I read that the new MFM software was a little buggy. Should I bring the car in for all the updates?

Both WattsUp and I posted on this in early Nov. 2013, seeing the same problem.
(Began seeing false indication of Warning Light on, plus red battery system health icon,
started when Ford site was updated.)
The car got a clean check-up at Ford service place Nov. 2, after those false warnings began.

Since then, I had a short exchange of email with Ford, latest including this bit:
"From IVT (In-Vehicle Technology) - SYNC [email protected]
Thank you for your email
I will be happy to escalate this to engineering. You should hear from us within 5 business days regarding the status of the request. It is case number CAS-3490456."

That was on Nov 5, 2013 (more than 5 weeks ago).
They have done nothing I know of, but did telephone me once asking if I was still having the problem. Yes. Sorry to hear that; we'll keep it in our system [or words to that effect], click.
The car has been working fine, same as before the update ... just keep seeing those warnings.

Holy crap... the red icon went away today! :D It had been red for, like, a solid 10 weeks or something.

JTCalif, what about yours?

Another thing that has stopped happening (and it actually stopped when I picked up my car after having all the recalls applied yesterday) is the constant stream of "warning light on" notifications, one after every time I would turn off the car. That also started about 10 weeks ago. I haven't received one since picking up my car, and I've taken several trips now.

1/2 good news: the "warning light on" notifications have stopped, as of (yesterday? today?).
Red icon: no change (I just checked again, minutes ago).
Car seems fine, though; normal range + performance.
Note: NO recalls or upgrades (other than the little marker lights) have been applied. All original.

Maybe it takes a while for the red icon to be corrected? I still had it for, I guess, a day or two after the updates were applied and I started driving my car again. I know you didn't have/need any updates, but perhaps something was changed on the server-side and it takes a while to propagate/register?

I also have some not-so-good news: I just noticed that all the new trips recorded since the updates in my "Trip & Change Log" have blank ("--") values for "Average Economy". The entries do seem to have all other other values, however (time, distance, energy used in kWh, and braking and driving scores).

*sigh*

WattsUp said:
The entries do seem to have all other other values, however (time, distance, energy used in kWh, and braking and driving scores).
I take that back.

Some of the entries do have a valid-looking battery graphic (showing how much energy was used), but sometimes obviously incorrectly labeled as "0.0 kWh". Also, some of the entries say "0 Wh/mi" instead of "--".

Like this:

Back