Didn't "un-park" twice now

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

az erik

Hopped in the car to head to the store, started it up. Slipped it into reverse. Nothing. Just a small nudge of the car and it acting like the E-brake was on.

-Put back in park, tried reverse again - nothing
- Put in drive, nothing
-Back in park, back to Rev nothing.
-Double check for the Car <-> it's green
-Power down and pop open the car
-Power back up and away we went.

I've noticed the "Park" lock is getting noisier as I place it in park. I'm hoping I don't have to sit in a parking lot and call for a truck some day if this thing decides to not unlock.

2 days later it did it again. Both times after a full charge and in my garage.

Mine does this all the time. I thought it was normal when 'cold'. Didn't think too much of it. I just step harder on the gas peddle and it breaks lose.

If you just sit there in reverse, does it eventually go? There is a another thread on this, but yours sounds a bit different. In mine, I think the car believes it is parked on an incline so the brakes are applied by the car to prevent roll back. My driveway is on an incline and the garage is flat, but it sometimes gets confused....I think. Anyway, if I sit there with the car in reverse, it will eventually disengage. If I put it in drive, go forward an inch and then back in reverse, no problem. It hasn't happened in a long time, but if your symptoms seem to match, it might just be the way it is. If you can reproduce your problem, take it in for repair. If the gear shift is hard to put into park like you say, sounds like a warranty repair to me.

This has happened to me several times--I just slide the gear selector forwards and back a few times, and it unlocks. I THINK it's the parking pawl, or the EV's equivalent.

On my FFE, when it 'sticks', it is definitely the brakes. Here are my observations:
Case 1. Put car in R. No go. Tap accellerator, no go. Put in D. Move an inch. Put it in R, no problem...car goes into reverse.
Case 2. Put car in R. No go. Wait about 10 seconds. Car starts to move in reverse.
Case 3. Put car in R. No go. Light pressure on accellerater. Car starts to move but brakes are grabbing. Brakes eventually release completely and car moves in reverse.

These are the 3 observations I've made other than just going in reverse like it is supposed to. I haven't experienced the problem in over a month now...which is about when I got the 13C07 update. Anyway, if it happens again, I'll post.

Back