Brand New Today

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jloucks

Have a brand new 2013 FFE as of today!

Overall I like it. Kinda early to tell. My first impressions...

There is a LOT of torque at all speeds.
There is not speed limiter, at least, not until at least 85 mph.
There is no garage door opener. Seriously?! Not sure what to make of this. It is the littlest things sometimes that get under my skin.
The manual says 18-20 hours to charge. The car say 12.
The 240v charger number on the web site sends you to a company that wants to charge you over $1,700 for the charger and install!!!! *kak*
$5,000 in instant rebates for the 2013's
Very plush interior. I feel all spoiled.
No LED tail lights! Surprised a little. Assumed they would be being an electric vehicle and whatnot.

That's it so far. I'm going to dig around and see if the 2014 visor with Homelink will work. I know the 2012 will, but it is a slightly different shape.

Congratulations and glad you love the car. It is pretty darn amazing.

Replacing the visor is pretty easy - read the whole thread:
http://www.myfocuselectric.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1242

Not sure what you mean by the 2014 visor. On the FFE there has never been a homelink visor. I have had both a 2013 and 2014 FFE and the stock visors were identical (they had the split cover, not the little caps). I would be seriously surprised if Ford changed the homelink visor for the Focus in 2014. The parts we have listed in that link are the ones that fit the FFE.

That 18-20 hours charging on 110V is from a completely 0 miles left battery.

The 2012 FFE - or at least the first batch off the production line - has a home link visor - mine works fine

EVA said:
Not sure what you mean by the 2014 visor.

Sorry, I meant the regular non-electric 2014 Focus visors with home link built in. I see I could put in a 2012 visor, but I definitely have the new style (wit the slit and no externally visible screw plugs)

Congrats on the new car.
I jist sold my charging station but you should look into one of them.
$500 and you can make it portable just by putting a plug on it.
My electrician charged only $75 to come hook it all up and put the plug on it.
My work put the circuit box on for beer.
This is probably the least expensive way to do it and it works great.
This was my changing station.

http://www.myfocuselectric.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1409&start=0

I would be seriously surprised if Ford changed the homelink visor for the Focus in 2014. The parts we have listed in that link are the ones that fit the FFE.

Back