3.5.1 software upgrade wiped out virtually all user settings

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mountaineer

Last week my Ford dealer installed the 3.5.1 software upgrade in my '13 FFE. The installation wiped out nearly all my users settings for every aspect of vehicle operation, Sirius channels, wallpaper, phone links, MyFord Mobile account, wallpaper, you name it...everything but the FM channels and the MyView customized energy display. It was as if someone had reset to factory defaults. The historic data on Wh/mile, regen, and braking scores also vanished.

I'm told this is an undisclosed consequence of this upgrade, which was a bundle addressing a variety of modules in the vehicle. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

I have just strongly recommended to senior folks in Ford that the install script for any software upgrade should start by saving all user and historical data, and should end by restoring it -- just as we all expect when we upgrade the software on our computers, tablets, and smartphones. If this graceful upgrade behavior is absent, that should be disclosed in advance so customers can decide whether they want the hassle of restoration (5-6 hours so far for me and it's not done yet). Had this been properly disclosed, I wouldn't have done the upgrade, and I won't do any more until it's fixed.

After the software update to the most recent version we are now having issues. My Ford Mobile application will not communicate with the car. Yesterday the car shutdown in traffice after this error message poped up Stop Safely Now. No time to do anything before the car just shutdonw in traffic. Real safety issue now. Doors don's automactically unlock when your close to the car anymore. Voice response system doesn't work as well as it use to. I find it strange that we had no issues before the software update and now the car has big time problems

Back