Problems with myford mobile

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hplbiking

Myford mobile no longer updates. Stopped 5 days and 14 hours ago - it tells me that. It keeps saying "update failed, try again later". This means I no longer have access to see what the charging level is at, get updates when it done charging, cannot use the app as a remote - basically any function.

It does not work on my iphone or any laptop I use, which would seem to indicate it is a problem with my account. I cannot find a contact number to tall or even email Ford about this problem. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I'm in the same boat as you, but mine has not been communicating for close to two months now. I was hoping Ford was just about to release an update to SYNC so I could take care of it all in one go.

Some people have had success removing and replacing the telematics fuse (position F1) located in the hatch area driver's side. This did not take care of my issue.

huh,

It never dawned on me that it could be an issue with the car. Well I also sent an email to the dealer. If it gets resolved I will respond back.

The MyFordMobile site and phone app both communicate with the car via ATT cellular network to download the car's current status each time you do an update or send the car a command such as unlocking/locking the doors.

No problems with MFM until I took it in for service for stop safely now. After my car was in service for a week, it stopped updating too.
I removed the vehicle from my account, accepting the warning about all data being lost if I do that, and then re-added my vehicle. When I re-added it, I received a message saying something like, "you've added this car before. would you like to restore the data?" I said yes. It's worked fine since then, about a month now.
Oh yeah, I received a message saying I'd have to wait 24 h to confirm the vehicle, like when I first activated MFM, but it only took a few hours to confirm.

If you haven't tried this, it's worth a shot.

dmen said:
No problems with MFM until I took it in for service for stop safely now. After my car was in service for a week, it stopped updating too.
I removed the vehicle from my account, accepting the warning about all data being lost if I do that, and then re-added my vehicle. When I re-added it, I received a message saying something like, "you've added this car before. would you like to restore the data?" I said yes. It's worked fine since then, about a month now.
Oh yeah, I received a message saying I'd have to wait 24 h to confirm the vehicle, like when I first activated MFM, but it only took a few hours to confirm.

If you haven't tried this, it's worth a shot.

Thanks for the tip - I tried this and it may have worked as the pop-up showed up in the car after deleting and reregistering. We'll see for sure in 24 hours.

Yes, it seems to have resolved the issue. Not passed the 24 hour period yet so I don't have full access to the MFM features. However a few hours after removing my car and adding it I got a text saying it was charged. I have not received one in over a week. Also when I go into MFM it shows the correct charge level.

Thank you for the suggestion. I really did not want to take it to the dealer.

After the SYNC software update, my car has again refused to communicate. I have tried the previously successful deletion of the car from my account, removing and replacing the telematics fuse, and even completely deleting the MyFordMobile account. Nothing has worked this time, so I contacted Ford SYNC support. They suggested the things that I had already tried, and the case has been elevated. Hopefully they will get this communication gremlin worked out soon.

Fluke said:
Nothing has worked this time, so I contacted Ford SYNC support.
I look forward to what you learn, as I'm in a similar situation. Since the update my car is communicating with MyFordMobile, as I can see all the relevant data on the website, but for some reason the mobile app is disfunctional. It only sometimes communicates, and never show anything but blank in the "trip and charge log" section. Very odd.

I didn't like the way the question was worded when I restored the car. It was something like "This car was already used. Do you want to return configuration to original state?" Does this mean original as in "wipe it out" or original as in "what was there previously?"

In any case, I chose "yes", and it seemed to restore some things (e.g. charge history), but not others (car name, go times, etc). So I'm not sure what's going on.

Hopefully what you learn will help us all.

WP

Just updating on this issue. I have had multiple discussions with various people at Ford technical support. Each time I explain what has occurred and what I've done to try and fix the issue. Each time they go through their script to try and resolve (I assume) the typical easy to resolve issues that I have already tried. Each time they end the conversation by saying they will continue to look into the problem.

I'd hate to have a major issue with this car, because from my experience on this non-critical issue Ford seems to be clueless in their ability to troubleshoot. Also, elevating an issue does not equate to getting it resolved in a timely manner...

My MFM works, but I cannot receive notifications in the form of Texts or Emails. I have tried both, separately. I do get the notifications when I log into the app. Has anyone else had this issue?

I did have the problem of not getting text messages. What I had done was improperly entered in my cell phone number. I would verify my setting in myford mobile, also check to see what text messages you will be receiving via text message. You should also verify that your phone can receive text messages, and that they are not blocked.

I am having the same issue; not able to connect via the web or the iphone ap. I just upgraded this afternoon to V3.5. I also have an issue with the charge profile in the new EV info section. It will not save my settings for weekday/end when I try to update within the default profile section?? It will not let me select the charge now or value charge.....it seems to me that there is a disconnect between the car and whatever server they run the MFM application on. Very annoying!!!!

If I have any luck sorting this out I will post it here too.
Thanks!

OK...got it to work by trying the Fuse and deleting MFM on mobile on Web. One other issue I noticed before I ran everything below was that in the system info area the CPPM ESN was unknown.
Steps I took:
1-Deleted Apple MFM app and deleted MFM account via web site.
2-Pulled F1 FUSE and left it out.
3-Powered on the car (not drive mode) and sent a health report from the car via sync. Sync used my phone via Bluetooth to send the report, so you need to have it in the car and connected too.
4-Turned off car and replaced F1 fuse.
5-Rebuilt MFM account online.
6-Turned car back on and it now has the correct CPPM ESN (AT&T). I am now able to enter value charge information and save it correctly. So it is clear to me that after the v3.5 install if your AT&T wireless modem in the car does not come back online for some reason, then you will not be able to use the value/default charge functions until the car sync's up with the server in Ford's network first.
7-Reloaded MFM app and was able to log in ok, but it shows at few Red circles. Almost certain that is because I have to wait the 24hrs verification.

Fingers crossed that tomorrow everything will be ok with the MFM app.
Keep you posted!

Fluke said:
Just updating on this issue. I have had multiple discussions with various people at Ford technical support. Each time I explain what has occurred and what I've done to try and fix the issue. Each time they go through their script to try and resolve (I assume) the typical easy to resolve issues that I have already tried. Each time they end the conversation by saying they will continue to look into the problem.

I'd hate to have a major issue with this car, because from my experience on this non-critical issue Ford seems to be clueless in their ability to troubleshoot. Also, elevating an issue does not equate to getting it resolved in a timely manner...

My situation is comical. I got another call from Ford yesterday asking me to go through the whole delete the car, do system reset from car, add car etc. This is the third or fourth time I've been through their script with different reps. I'm in an endless loop... :roll:

Try doing the same thing except with the car parked outside the garage. It could be the cars internal cellar phone modem may not be able to connect to the AT@T network. This maybe a long shot at fixing it.

Update - Got another call from Ford on my issues today. The call back number they gave me was for MyFordMobile, when I spoke to them they said it was a SYNC issue and transferred me to SYNC support. SYNC support reviewed the file and said I should contact MyFordMobile. The rep sensed my frustration somehow and made the call back to MyFordMobile himself. He had no more luck than I have with them, put me on hold for 10 minutes and then said his supervisor would call me in 15 minutes. Needless to say, his supervisor never called.

Ford SYNC and MyFordMobile support is less than worthless.

Back