Zen VS Zippy

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, so driving to work today I guess I was feeling a bit spry. I was giving it way more juice than I normally do and had a blast of a drive. It wasn't all like that but far more than normal. The result? I used .1 to .2 more kWh than I usually do on the exact same trip. Maybe I really don't have to make myself completely crazy about daily range lol.

Higheroctave32 said:
Ok, so driving to work today I guess I was feeling a bit spry. I was giving it way more juice than I normally do and had a blast of a drive. It wasn't all like that but far more than normal. The result? I used .1 to .2 more kWh than I usually do on the exact same trip. Maybe I really don't have to make myself completely crazy about daily range lol.

I don't drive my car any different than I drive my ICE vehicles. I'm NOT going to be that guy that's holding everybody else up in the carpool lane or between stop lights just so that I can maximize efficiency.

Keith

You win a lot more on the stopping side than accelerating. The big difference for me with an electric car is smooth braking - anticipating that I have to brake, and trying to arrive at the intersection without stopping and starting 10 times.

The brake coach is your best friend.

Back