Which State is the Most Electric Vehicle Friendly?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GreenRPMs

I know the Ford Focus Electric is only available in a few states but my assumption is they plan to roll it out country wide eventually. Doing some research I noticed that Georgia ($5000 rebate) and Colorado ($6000 rebate) seem to be the most electric vehicle friendly states as far as tax discounts/rebates go. I give the nod to Georgia because they also include free car pool lane use which is probably worth a lot more then 1k (at least to me it would be). Hopefully the release of the Ford Focus ev and other electric cars will encourage the various States to be more proactive and generous in there electric vehicle buying and support programs. This is a cause worth accelerating!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Government_incentives_for_plug-in_electric_vehicles

Here in IL the IL EPA has a 10% off MSRP up to $4K cash rebate (on purchased cars only, no leases) so the FFE would almost max that out as well as reduced plate fees for EV's ($36 every 2 years versus $99/yr). The charging infrastructure is also being ramped up, not quite CA standards but getting there ...

Back