FFE no longer my cheapest vehicle to fuel....

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

triangles

With gas hovering in the $1.80's/gal My FFE is no longer my cheapest vehicle to fuel. The last tank on my motorcycle was $0.0307/mile My FFE is about $0.038/mile. Although I guess I could argue that if I used the free charge stations, free is pretty hard to beat :)

I note in your fuelly profile you indicate that your electricity rates are $0.12 to $0.14 per kWh. If you were able to use a TOD rate your FFE would still be the cheapest vehicle.

I charge overnight using my TOD rate of $0.035/kWh (last months bill for the FFE was $27!). This is about 3.5 times less expensive, which would lower the FFE's cost to 0.011/mile. :)

triangles said:
With gas hovering in the $1.80's/gal My FFE is no longer my cheapest vehicle to fuel. The last tank on my motorcycle was $0.0307/mile My FFE is about $0.038/mile. Although I guess I could argue that if I used the free charge stations, free is pretty hard to beat :)

Personally I prefer the airbags and satellite radio :)

Even if it costs more to drive a EV which one would you prefer to drive? In California electricity at $.20/kwh is still a lot cheaper than $3.50 to $4 gas plus no maintenance.

jmueller065, Last electric bill was 14.9 cents/kWh. I have Toledo Edison aka First Energy. There is no TOD rate available. I don't remember the exact numbers but they charge about 5-6 cents/kWh just for distribution/transmission, then I'm hit again with another 8+ cents/kWh for generation. Also thanks to all the damned tree huggers at the EPA, They are closing 3 power plants on lake Erie. Which explains why my rates went up I suppose First Energy is also to blame for not planning ahead to replace these plants. So far this has made my rates go up almost 3 cents/kWh. Who knows how much more they will go up.

triangles said:
jmueller065, Last electric bill was 14.9 cents/kWh. I have Toledo Edison aka First Energy. There is no TOD rate available. I don't remember the exact numbers but they charge about 5-6 cents/kWh just for distribution/transmission, then I'm hit again with another 8+ cents/kWh for generation. Also thanks to all the damned tree huggers at the EPA, They are closing 3 power plants on lake Erie. Which explains why my rates went up I suppose First Energy is also to blame for not planning ahead to replace these plants. So far this has made my rates go up almost 3 cents/kWh. Who knows how much more they will go up.
Wow, we'll have to run an extension chord for you; about 100 miles will do!

jmueller065 said:
Wow, we'll have to run an extension chord for you; about 100 miles will do!
Sounds like a plan! :lol: If I didn't have tall trees surrounding me I'd have solar panels to run that meter backwards!

Back