Mazda Electric in 2012 - Japan

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sjfotos

Short article on upcoming Mazda Electric...

http://gas2.org/2011/01/24/electric-mazda2-coming-to-japan-in-2012/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed:+IM-gas2+(Gas+2.0)

I like the Mazda 2 - and an electric version is a cool idea.

But 2012 in Japan, means something like 2013 or later probably for North America. I'm starting to get discouraged with all of these electric vehicles being so far off - I don't have the patience to wait 2 years to get into an electric vehicle.

Even with the Leaf, you can put your order in but who knows when you'll get it.

The Ford Focus Electric even seems to far away still - if it's anything like the Leaf, there will be too much demand for the Focus Electric and even though they say it'll be available at the start of 2012 real people might only get them in 2013. That's why I'll have to stay glued to this Ford Focus Electric Forum!

dreamer said:
I like the Mazda 2 - and an electric version is a cool idea.

But 2012 in Japan, means something like 2013 or later probably for North America. I'm starting to get discouraged with all of these electric vehicles being so far off - I don't have the patience to wait 2 years to get into an electric vehicle.

Even with the Leaf, you can put your order in but who knows when you'll get it.

The Ford Focus Electric even seems to far away still - if it's anything like the Leaf, there will be too much demand for the Focus Electric and even though they say it'll be available at the start of 2012 real people might only get them in 2013. That's why I'll have to stay glued to this Ford Focus Electric Forum!

Yes I agree. Whoever gets to Pennsylvania first is going to get my business. That even includes the Volt if the others start to move out too far....

I guess brand loyalty isn't quite what it used to be - people interested in an EV don't care who builds it.

For me, it's less about who builds it and more about what it'll do for me! These days everything is manufactured to such high standards - not to mention that Electric Vehicle technology is fairly new, so there isn't really any proven data as to who or what will be the most reliable in the long term.

It could be the Ford Focus Electric - but it might not be. And then there's the whole side of different companies manufacturing batteries or motors, so in theory all electric vehicles could have the same guts in a few years.

Back