Ford Focus ECOnetic gets over 80mpg

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klaus

At the Frankfurt auto show, Ford unveiled the Ford Focus ECOnetic which gets over 80 mpg! Now that's British gallons so it's slightly different somehow, but I'm not sure which way :)

But it sounds like they are using some interesting technology to squeeze that sort of distance out of the Ford Focus including auto-start-stop technology, smart regenerative charging, and Ford Eco mode which prompts the driver to drive more economically.

Graham Hoare from Ford said "We achieved the low emissions and the class-leading fuel economy by analysing every single detail in the engine and transmission and effectively applying all our leading edge powertrain technologies wherever possible." about the ECOnetic engine that is used in the Ford Focus and the Ford Fiesta.

Too bad no one except Volkswagen brings diesel engine powered passenger cars to North America - otherwise I think these would sell like hot cakes, and potentially affect the number of people that would purchase a Ford Focus Electric.

Only 67 MPG US? :lol:

I don't know of any vehicle that gets that sort of mileage here that isn't an electric or a plug-in hybrid of some sort. Even the Smart ForTwo doesn't make that much!

Back