The iCar..or "Titan"

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmueller065

You may or may not have read of this news: Apple appears to be developing their own EV:
http://insideevs.com/apple-start-production-electric-titan-vehicle-2020-report/

Weather or not you hate Apple you have to admit, though, if they start selling an EV it will certainly push EVs more into the mainstream.

Seems like A123 is a bit upset by Apple's poaching of engineers:
http://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/2015/02/20/battery-maker-sues-apple/23697543/

It might be years from now before even a prototype or they might just buy Tesla.

As far as poaching, this isn't really news. Tesla was poaching or getting many of the young grads for the past few years. Google and Apple and Facebook and others poach employees or made agreements to not poach employees for years. So the fact Tesla or Apple poaches from one another isn't really big news. That happens all the time in Silicon Valley. And who knows, Apple also was going to re-invent and change Television and years later Apple TV isn't much to talk about.

Saw a quote from the Mercedes CEO - something to the effect of, if Mercedes started making phones, do you think Apple would be nervous? I'm not nervous about their car.

Maybe it is a good thing Apple is making noise about this. More awareness of the cars. Apple does have a lot of followers. Who knows, it might get a few more people to buy electric cars.

Musk always says he dreams of the day that we all drive electric cars. And clearly he can't do that all on his own - or probably doesn't really want to do that.

EVA said:
Saw a quote from the Mercedes CEO - something to the effect of, if Mercedes started making phones, do you think Apple would be nervous? I'm not nervous about their car.

If that quote is correct, it's pretty ironic that he chose "phones" rather than "computers" in his analogy. That apple came into the phone business from the outside and in what, 1-2 years, left established phone makers like Nokia, Erikson, Blackberry, Motorola shells of their former selves, says Mercedes should at least perk up a bit. I don't expect apple to do much with this, but I wouldn't laugh them off either.

Back