Search found 50 matches

Go to advanced search

by 121gigawatts
Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:34 am
Forum: Batteries and Charging Forum
Topic: 2 Chargepoints in 1 Garage
Replies: 2
Views: 1391

2 Chargepoints in 1 Garage

Are there any complications with using 2 Chargepoint EVSEs at home? I want to be able to charge 2 cars at the same time, and dont want login issues. I'm sure both will have no problems actually charging, but I want to monitor charging data from both vehicles (cost per KWH, ect..). Anyone have first ...
by 121gigawatts
Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:03 am
Forum: General / Main Focus Electric Owners Forum
Topic: EVSE Recall mail
Replies: 22
Views: 5415

Re: EVSE Recall mail

I've got to ask, why is a cheap EVSE the tipping point to being the reason you add a 220 to your garage? Two reasons: 1. Weekdays I rarely drive over 5 miles, so the L1 always has me fully charged every morning. 2. Sheer laziness :D Since the L1 had me covered, never even looked at installing L2. I...
by 121gigawatts
Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:19 pm
Forum: General / Main Focus Electric Owners Forum
Topic: EVSE Recall mail
Replies: 22
Views: 5415

Re: EVSE Recall mail

Has anyone plugged this in to 240 and confirmed it works? I just picked mine up, and if it works, I'll hire an electrician to install 240 in my garage. I've had Ella for almost 4 years, and have charged 95% of the time on 120! The other 5% was at a garage near work with L2. Check out the link I pos...
by 121gigawatts
Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:01 am
Forum: General / Main Focus Electric Owners Forum
Topic: Wrench light
Replies: 14
Views: 10479

Re: Wrench light

Any update on what the exact issue was? Transmission or battery? You never solved the puzzle for us. Earlier in the week while putting the car into reverse, then in drive, I got the wrench check engine light. It said "see manual". Car wouldn't drive and the shifter had little resistance when going f...
by 121gigawatts
Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:59 am
Forum: Modifications & Accessories
Topic: Retractable Trunk Cover
Replies: 7
Views: 3267

Retractable Trunk Cover

I've checked Amazon, Ebay, next stop is the dealership. Do they make a retractable trunk cover instead of the fixed parcel shelf? The shelf gets in the way whenever I carry cargo, and it would be easier to retract a soft cover instead of a fixed one. I see notches in the trunk for another system, so...
by 121gigawatts
Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:11 pm
Forum: General / Main Focus Electric Owners Forum
Topic: Winter Wheels
Replies: 9
Views: 2229

Re: Winter Wheels

Just got a set of 16" wheels mounted with Michelin X-ICE Xi3's, which are LLR winter tires. My drive back home was budgeted +3 miles when I arrived, which included a heater and some uphill driving. So far grip is better and my range seems to have improved! I need to head to the carwash today, lol. h...
by 121gigawatts
Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:20 am
Forum: General / Main Focus Electric Owners Forum
Topic: Winter Wheels
Replies: 9
Views: 2229

Re: Winter Wheels

They actually make LRR winter tires now, which is supposed to be that magic mix of both worlds. I watched a video from Michelin, and the tire is soft at low speeds but hardens at high speeds, if I remember correctly. Maybe thats backwards. Their rubber works like cornstarch: soft when you touch is s...
by 121gigawatts
Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:12 pm
Forum: General / Main Focus Electric Owners Forum
Topic: EVSE Recall mail
Replies: 22
Views: 5415

Re: EVSE Recall mail

Yep, its the same EVSE that comes with 2nd gen Volts (made by Clipper Creek). Should just need an adapter to plug into 220V outlet and it should charge at 3.3kw or 3.6kw.. cant remember. I remember reading this thread about the subject when I owned a Volt. Owners have been using this for a few year...
by 121gigawatts
Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:55 pm
Forum: General / Main Focus Electric Owners Forum
Topic: EVSE Recall mail
Replies: 22
Views: 5415

Re: EVSE Recall mail

Yep, its the same EVSE that comes with 2nd gen Volts (made by Clipper Creek). Should just need an adapter to plug into 220V outlet and it should charge at 3.3kw or 3.6kw.. cant remember. I remember reading this thread about the subject when I owned a Volt. Owners have been using this for a few years...
by 121gigawatts
Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:37 pm
Forum: General / Main Focus Electric Owners Forum
Topic: EVSE Recall mail
Replies: 22
Views: 5415

Re: EVSE Recall mail

Picked mine up today! Actually, my neighbor is a tech at Ford, so he brought it home for me. This unit looks very familiar, I'm pretty sure its the same as Chevy uses on their Volt.

Image
Image

Go to advanced search