Search found 51 matches

Go to advanced search

by mountaineer
Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:07 pm
Forum: General / Main Focus Electric Owners Forum
Topic: Stop safely now warning
Replies: 22
Views: 18444

Re: Stop safely now warning

Got my first SSN on my 2013 Ford Focus Electric just yesterday, a couple of weeks (with fairly short, nearly daily driving) after a software check and update at the dealership. SSN suddenly appeared a quarter-mile out of my driveway, with a fresh 100% charge and 91 miles' indicated range. I stopped,...
by mountaineer
Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:56 am
Forum: General / Main Focus Electric Owners Forum
Topic: Winter conditions.
Replies: 13
Views: 7476

Re: Winter conditions.

I've just analyzed calendar-year-2013 usage by my 2013 FFE, which drove nearly 7k miles during the year. It used 78% of its electricity for tractive recharging (Level 2) and the other 22% for thermal management of the battery when plugged in, since it's in an open carport. I'm at 7100' in the W Colo...
by mountaineer
Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:19 am
Forum: General / Main Focus Electric Owners Forum
Topic: For any Colorado residents filing for state tax credit...
Replies: 2
Views: 2124

Re: For any Colorado residents filing for state tax credit..

The rules are in newly revised Income 67 brochure from Colo Dept of Revenue. The incremental price is not--no post-2011 Ford or Mercury vehicles are listed--hence my post below.
by mountaineer
Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:24 am
Forum: Technical Discussions
Topic: General 2013 FFE software update issue
Replies: 3
Views: 3214

General 2013 FFE software update issue

I had a very bad experience with the first software update for my 2013 FFE this summer: the install script wiped out most of my settings and didn't restore them, requiring about six hours' work to re-research and reinstall them. I have taken this up with senior people at Ford, noting that any custom...
by mountaineer
Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:14 am
Forum: General / Main Focus Electric Owners Forum
Topic: For any Colorado residents filing for state tax credit...
Replies: 2
Views: 2124

For any Colorado residents filing for state tax credit...

If you bought a 2013 Ford Focus Electric in 2012, the old rules apply, and you or your tax advisor must calculate the allowable Colorado tax credit from the manufacturer's incremental price, which is unpublished. I have just obtained it from Ford, and it is $14,304 for that year and model. You will ...
by mountaineer
Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:16 pm
Forum: General / Main Focus Electric Owners Forum
Topic: 3.5.1 software upgrade wiped out virtually all user settings
Replies: 1
Views: 1872

3.5.1 software upgrade wiped out virtually all user settings

Last week my Ford dealer installed the 3.5.1 software upgrade in my '13 FFE. The installation wiped out nearly all my users settings for every aspect of vehicle operation, Sirius channels, wallpaper, phone links, MyFord Mobile account, wallpaper, you name it...everything but the FM channels and the ...
by mountaineer
Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:12 pm
Forum: General / Main Focus Electric Owners Forum
Topic: Cool Plates
Replies: 21
Views: 11362

Re: Cool Plates

I'm probably the only member of the National Petroleum Council driving an EV with plates that say "OFF OIL" -- and that's not aspirational, it's done.
by mountaineer
Tue May 07, 2013 7:33 am
Forum: Buying / Leasing / Dealerships
Topic: Has anyone gotten a Colorado tax credit for 2012 FFE buy?
Replies: 4
Views: 3776

Re: Has anyone gotten a Colorado tax credit for 2012 FFE buy

It's based on EV's marginal mfg cost not price (battery is reportedly about $10k, plus electric drive & controls, less conventional Powertrain). And you can't do your own calc. State officials must do it based on OEM data...but they haven't yet.
by mountaineer
Mon May 06, 2013 6:56 pm
Forum: News and Main Ford Focus Electric Forum
Topic: Petition to allow sales of EV's directly to consumers‏
Replies: 7
Views: 3120

Re: Petition to allow sales of EV's directly to consumers‏

Auto dealers are very powerful politically—they are often pillars of the community and their sales-tax revenues are locally very significant—so it's hard to imagine a preemptive federal solution. This will be fought out state-by-state. Most states have franchise laws saying that if an OEM ever sells...
by mountaineer
Mon May 06, 2013 6:50 pm
Forum: Technical Discussions
Topic: AC Motor bearing life
Replies: 1
Views: 1994

Re: AC Motor bearing life

This is a very well-known issue, especially with certain inverter types and waveforms, and has been for over a decade. A capable powertrain supplier (I think it was Magna in this case) will know all about it and engineer it out. Inverter-drive motors are used by the millions worldwide under very dem...

Go to advanced search